Financial requirements - Category A questions

Old Dec 23rd 2018, 5:31 am
Forum Regular

pollybegoode is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Financial requirements - Category A questions

I would love some help with clarifying a couple of questions Category A: With current employer for 6 months or more –person residing in the UK

My husband and I live in the US and are self employed.
We are self employed and earn above the required 18,600 and have done for the past year.
We are looking at me applying for a teaching job in the UK and once I have an offer earning the threshold or above we will apply for the visa.

1) Once get an offer, can I start the position straight away or would I need to return to the US, submit the application and wait with my husband and move to the UK together? Can't imagine there are many employers who would wait 8 weeks or more?

2) If I end up being offered a job less than the required 18,600, could we use the money from the sale of our business (we haven't sold it as yet, but plan on doing it a little before we move ideally) or would it need the money to sit in a bank account for 6 months?

We are trying to weight up all our options and are getting confused, so i'm hoping you may be able to help.
​​​​​​​Thanks!