Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Financial Requirements - CAT F & Documents Checklist question

Financial Requirements - CAT F & Documents Checklist question

Old Jul 20th 2017, 1:02 am
Just Joined

KM2017 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Financial Requirements - CAT F & Documents Checklist question

Hello,

My Husband (British Citizen) and I (Australian Citizen) are preparing our application for spouse visa for me to join him in the UK.

Background:

Relationship: We met travelling and have never lived in the same country together, hence cannot provide evidence of living together/shared financial responsibility etc. for the relationship proof section.

Financial: We meet the financial requirements under category F: he is a company director and shareholder, his salary is PAYE and he doesn’t take dividends.

Accommodation: My Husband currently rents with a friend and this lease ends around the same time I was hoping to arrive. To make things simple we're putting on our application that we're staying with his family when I arrive, and that they've given us permission to stay at this address at no cost until we find a house of our own.

Other: I have previously lived in the UK under a Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visa (irrelevant to our relationship).

Non-standard issue: In the last financial year, my Husband’s company extended their financial year so they could change from the academic financial year to the fiscal financial year, this meant that the last financial year for them was 18months. The lawyers we consulted advised he needed to submit all documents for this 18 month period (as that is their ‘full financial year’) along with a letter from their accountant explaining why they’ve had to do this.

Questions:

(a) Has anyone had experience with an extended financial year? Both of the lawyers we’ve consulted seemed wary of this.
(b) We have original company bank statements for the company for the last financial year, however the bank prints them in A5 booklets, and there are over 1000 pages (the bank won’t print them on A4 paper). The rules state that documents should be A4, and smaller documents should be photocopied onto A4. It does say ‘where possible’, so in this circumstance is it reasonable to submit these in A5 instead? We are hesitant to photocopy them to A4 pages as aside from the time it would take, at 1000+ pages the risk of making a mistake or losing a page is high.
(c) We also have to submit my husband’s personal bank statements so that they can crosscheck that the money leaving the company is being paid to my husband. Would it be helpful to highlight these transactions for the ECO? Would marking the statements void them as ‘originals’ in any way?
(d) Whilst my Husband earned over the required amount, this amount is not equally divided across each month (in the annual low cash flow period he has omitted to pay himself, and has made up this amount in his high cash flow period). Does this matter at all?
(e) In December 2016 my Husband received £65,000 from the proceeds of transferring his part of a house to the other owner. Although I understand if the cash comes from the proceeds of a house sale it is exempt from the 6-month rule; in the 5th month it dipped to just below £60k so we can’t use it for the savings route, but still want to highlight that it exists just to give further proof we can support ourselves financially. In case we stuff anything up on the Cat F application, I want them to see we could have been eligible under the savings route. How can we do this? I’ve written in the cover letter “...(husband) is a company director at (company). This provides more than sufficient income for (husband) to comfortably financially support (wife) without government assistance. Furthermore, (husband) has cash savings of £60,000 available in bank account xxxxx (attachment item x.xx) which we hope you will agree provides further surety that we have sufficient capacity to financially support ourselves.”
(f) Have we missed anything in the document list below?

Document List:

Fees/Receipts:
• Priority Service
• Application Fee receipt
• Health Surcharge receipt

General:
• Application form
• Appendix 2
• Biometrics
• Applicant Passport (Original)
• Applicant expired passport (Original)
• Applicant passport size photo
• Applicant Birth Cert (Original)
• Sponsor Passport (Certified Copy)
• Sponsor Birth Certificate (Certified Copy)
• Sponsorship Undertaking Form

Financial:
• Company Tax Return CT600 for last full financial year
• Evidence that the CT600 was filed
• Evidence of registration with companies house
• Unaudited accounts for the CT600 period along with an accountants “certificate of confirmation”
• Business bank statements for the CT600 period
• A current appointment report from companies house
• One of the following
o A certificate of VAT registration and the VAT return for the last full financial ear
o Proof of ownership or lease of business premises
o Proof of registration with HMRC as an employer including proof of PAYE reference number and Accounts Office reference
• Personal payslips and P60 for the CT600 year
• Personal bank statements for the CT600 year

Relationship:
• Cover letter from applicant and sponsor
• Marriage Certificate (Original)
• 12 photographs
• Whatsapp text messages (screenshots)
o Between my Husband and I
o Between my Husbands mother and I
• Whatsapp call log
• Other evidence
o Holiday booking confirmations (flights, hotels)
o Cards (to each other, or from others to us as a couple)
o Wedding invitations addressed to us as a couple

Accommodation:
• Letter from his family saying we are staying with them at the house they own
• Utilities bill
• Proof of ownership (Deed)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by KM2017; Jul 20th 2017 at 1:08 am.