Financial Requirements

Old Feb 12th 2016, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

abarnhard033 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Financial Requirements

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum and I need some help.

I have questions regarding the financial requirements for a spouse visa. I am American and my wife is English. We currently live in the US and are planning on relocating to the UK.

I have a job in America, but my wife does not. And we don't have the £62,500 in savings to accommodate the savings necessary.

We have lived in a house that is under my wife's name, that we own outright, for over 7 months now.

I was wondering if there was a way that we can use the money that we get from the sale of the house as the financial requirement.

Would we need to wait 6 months after the sale of the house to prove that we have had more than £62,500 for more that 6 months? Or does the fact that we have owned the house for over 6 months apply to this?

Thank you all in advance!
Old Feb 12th 2016, 5:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Financial Requirements

Yes you can use the money from the sale of the house for the financial requirements.

You don't have to wait for an additional 6 months once you have the cash, but you have to show you have owned the property for the 6 months prior to the date of application.
Old Feb 12th 2016, 5:56 pm
Just Joined

abarnhard033 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you SanDiegogirl,

Is there any documented proof that the sale of a house is allowed?
Old Feb 12th 2016, 7:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Appendix FM-SE This appendix covers requirements for all categories of meeting the financial requirements.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigrat...ified-evidence

Go to paragraph 11 (d) where is provides all the info for how to qualify with sale of property and documents required.