Financial Requirement Question

Old May 7th 2015, 12:10 am
Forum Regular

mayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nice
Default Financial Requirement Question

My husband and I are considering moving back to the UK. He has been earning over 18,600 pounds since June 2014 and would be intending to keep that job until at least January 2016.

When he gets back to the UK he plans on taking up a post at his old job or with his dad, both positions pay over the required minimum.

My question is, does he have to earn an 18,600 pound salary for 6 months after arriving before I can join him or will the salary he is currently earning in the US plus a letter of employment stating he will be earning over the required amount suffice?

Thanks!
Old May 7th 2015, 12:36 am
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Financial Requirement Question

Spouse Immigration-UK : British Expat Wiki

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...equirement.pdf

or you can go the Surinder Singh route through another EU country - Ireland for one

Surinder Singh : British Expat Wiki
Old May 7th 2015, 12:41 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mayb
My husband and I are considering moving back to the UK. He has been earning over 18,600 pounds since June 2014 and would be intending to keep that job until at least January 2016.

When he gets back to the UK he plans on taking up a post at his old job or with his dad, both positions pay over the required minimum.

My question is, does he have to earn an 18,600 pound salary for 6 months after arriving before I can join him or will the salary he is currently earning in the US plus a letter of employment stating he will be earning over the required amount suffice?

Thanks!
If:

a) he has been earning over £18,600 in his current job for at least six months and;

b) he has a job offer in the UK with a gross annual salary over £18,600 starting within three months of your proposed return date;

then a confirmed job offer will suffice.

See Chapter 5.2 of Appendix FM Section 1.7 for more information.
Old May 7th 2015, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

mayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nice

Thanks so much for the responses! That alleviates all my stress in regards to that!