Financial Requirement Proof

Old Oct 4th 2018, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

AmandaW89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Financial Requirement Proof

My partner and I are nearing application time for a Spousal Visa and are trying to figure out how to prove our income combined. We are both self employed, but we can only prove about £15,000 of the financial requirement. The rest of the money was cash gigs and unfortunately we never thought to put it directly in the bank. We fully plan on claiming on our tax return, but it's proving that we made that extra £4,000 that we are finding an issue with as most invoices are with the clients (that's if they even wanted an invoice in the first place).

We recently spoke to an accountant who told us that as long as we have a paper trail (i.e. diary listing all the jobs and the money earned), we shouldn't have an issue with financial requirement being accepted so long as we claim the earnings on our tax return.

I'm now wondering if that would be true? Does anyone have experience with proving cash jobs without payslips, bank deposits or invoices?

Last edited by AmandaW89; Oct 4th 2018 at 10:07 pm.
Old Oct 4th 2018, 9:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Financial Requirement Proof

First, if you are applying for an initial spouse visa (the first 2.5 years), then it is only the sponsor's income which is taken into consideration. You cannot, at this stage, combine your incomes - unless you are both in the UK and the applicant has the right to work.

Secondly, your accountant is completely wrong. Just having a diary listing jobs and the money earned is not going to qualify. As self employed you would need to show invoices for work done, receipts, bank statements etc, together will all the other documentation required for a self employment application.

Read the following document carefully to see what you need to present with your application:

https://assets.publishing.service.go...ment_Final.pdf
Old Oct 4th 2018, 10:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

You didn’t mention your location in your first post & a tax return could be filed anywhere.

And please don’t be rude to our members. SDG is a valued member here and gives her time freely, I see no need for that reaction to her post which was simply trying to help you.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 4th 2018 at 10:32 pm.
Old Oct 4th 2018, 10:17 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Tip: Being rude to your fellow forum members is unlikely to induce them to give up their time to help you. Unlike your solicitor we don’t get paid. We also don’t know you from Adam so things that may be blindingly obvious to you won’t be for us unless you explicitly state so.

If you’ve read Appendix FM 1.7 as thoroughly as you say then you already know the answer to your question - if don’t have the bank statements to prove it then you can’t use it.
Old Oct 4th 2018, 10:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You didn’t mention your location in your first post & a tax return could be filed anywhere.

And please don’t be rude to our members. SDG is a valued member here and gives her time freely, I see no need for that reaction to her post which was simply trying to help you.

darn ...... I didn't even get chance to see the response !!!!
Old Oct 4th 2018, 11:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
darn ...... I didn't even get chance to see the response !!!!
Neither did I, but bless Christmasoompa and BritInParis for supporting you, as I do too!