Financial Requirement Met But Bank Balance Overdrawn

Old Dec 21st 2018, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

alyssalou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Financial Requirement Met But Bank Balance Overdrawn

Hi,

I am American, and my British fiance currently meets the financial requirement for his salary at £21k, he's been working there 6 months now and we get married at the end of February. However, before he got this job he was (unsuccessfully) self-employed and that put him deep into his overdraft, he still hasn't quite gotten out of it yet due to a few large expenses.

Will his bank balance affect the decision on a spouse visa even if he meets the salary requirement? Would it be wiser to not include his bank statements in my application and stick only to payslips and a letter from his employer?

Thanks for your help!
Old Dec 21st 2018, 3:12 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Financial Requirement Met But Bank Balance Overdrawn

Originally Posted by alyssalou
Hi,

I am American, and my British fiance currently meets the financial requirement for his salary at £21k, he's been working there 6 months now and we get married at the end of February. However, before he got this job he was (unsuccessfully) self-employed and that put him deep into his overdraft, he still hasn't quite gotten out of it yet due to a few large expenses.

Will his bank balance affect the decision on a spouse visa even if he meets the salary requirement? Would it be wiser to not include his bank statements in my application and stick only to payslips and a letter from his employer?

Thanks for your help!
Hi. An overdrawn bank balance makes no difference to the outcome of your application. You must include your fiance's bank statements as they need to show his salary payments going in.
Old Dec 21st 2018, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

alyssalou is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you! I figured that was probably the case, but I wanted to double check to avoid any nasty surprises.
Old Dec 21st 2018, 3:17 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alyssalou
Thank you! I figured that was probably the case, but I wanted to double check to avoid any nasty surprises.
You're welcome. Always good to check, no one likes nasty surprises!