British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   Final list of docs. Wife & Stepdaughter applying. Pls advise (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/final-list-docs-wife-stepdaughter-applying-pls-advise-923652/)

OSJG Mar 28th 2019 10:07 am

Final list of docs. Wife & Stepdaughter applying. Pls advise

1. Visa application form
  2. Appendix 2 VAF4A form
  3. IHS reference number
  4. IHS payment
  5. Visa application payment confirmation
  6. Visa application confirmation
  7. Applicant letter
  8. Birth certificate (photocopy included)
  9. IELTS Life Skills A1 test certificate (photocopy included)
  10. Tuberculosis medical certificate (photocopy included)
  11. Correspondence with UK hospital and proof of payment of medical bill
  12. Sponsorship undertaking form SU07/12
  13. Utility bill for my local address
  14. 2 previous international passport (photocopy of visas & stamped pages included)
  1. Applicant 2 documents
  1. Visa application form
  2. Appendix 2 VAF4A form
  3. IHS reference number
  4. Visa application payment confirmation
  5. Visa application confirmation
  6. Birth certificate (photocopy included)
  7. Tuberculosis medical certificate (photocopy included)
  8. Sponsorship undertaking form SU07/12
  9. Notarised letter of permission from father & proof of relationship (photocopy included)
  10. 2 previous international passport (photocopy of visas & stamped pages included)
  1. Relationship documents
  1. Marriage certificate (photocopy included)
  2. Sponsor previous marriage divorce decree absolute (photocopy included)
  3. Applicant previous marriage divorce decree absolute (photocopy included)
  4. Joint account reference letter from bank (photocopy included)
  5. 9 money order receipts from sponsor to applicant (photocopy included)
  6. Applicant saving account statement showing 12 money deposits from sponsor
  7. Boarding pass sponsor November 2016 trip to Nigeria
  8. Train tickets applicants August 2017 day trip to Manchester
  9. Boarding pass sponsor April 2018 trip to Nigeria
  10. Boarding pass sponsor August 2018 trip to Nigeria
  11. Screenshots WhatsApp video calls
  12. WhatsApp call logs April 2018 to date
  13. WhatsApp video logs April to August 2018 (WhatsApp started combining the logs in September
  14. WhatsApp chat logs April 2018 to date
  15. Phone sim logs April 2018 to date
  16. Pictures from August 2017 day trip to Manchester
  17. Pictures from April 2018 trip to Nigeria
  18. Pictures from August 2018 trip to Nigeria
  19. Pictures from mini introduction ceremony
  20. Pictures from marriage registry September 2018 (Photocopy included. Please return hard copies)
  1. Financial documents
  1. Letter from XXXXXX
  2. Payslips from XXXXX September 2018 to March 2019
  3. Letter from XXXX
  4. Payslips from XXXX 2018 to March 2019
  5. Excel breakdown of how we used 2 jobs to meet financial requirement (non-salaried employment)
  6. Barclays bank statement August 29, 2018 to March 18, 2019
  7. Additional payslips from XXXX and XXXX August 2018
  1. Accommodation documents
  1. Tenancy agreement March to September 2019 (photocopy included)
  2. Council tax bill (photocopy included)
  3. Letter of permission from landlord (photocopy included)
  4. Property inspection report (photocopy included)
Please is there anything I should remove? Pile is so heavy I hope it can go in one bag. Also I have 3 other docs I'm not sure if to include. Kindly advise. They are my receipt for my wedding ring, receipt for a one night hotel stay during his visit in Aug, and a letter from the bank with details of our joint account ATM card. The letter shows my husband's name, our joint account number and my local address. I think it serves as both proof of relationship and proof of my address. Do I add to the pile or I can do without it? We'll take passport photos at the application center tomorrow.
Thank you all I appreciate your help

smineke Mar 28th 2019 4:15 pm

Re: Final list of docs. Wife & Stepdaughter applying. Pls advise

Hi OSJG,
I'm not an expert or anything.. I just joined this forum, as I am also in the process of applying to join my husband in the UK. I was looking through your list and then thought maybe I could help since I've got a similar list of my own. I also go in tomorrow for the biometrics and have to submit everything. I tried scanning and uploading myself, but the vfs website wasn't behaving great.. and now I think I'm locked out!

Anyway, I didn't see on your list a certified copy of your Sponsor/Husband's British passport - the photo page, at least. Not sure about the rest of the pages. (Someone in the UK did say you should copy and certify EVERY page, but we listened to a lawyer friend who said that first page would be sufficient.)

Or, is your husband/sponsor submitting that in the UK? I think there is a process now where a sponsor can (for a fee) submit documents as well in the UK.. Not sure, just read about it on the vfs website, since I was trying to make sense of the information on whether I have to pay for the scanning at the VAC or not.

If I may ask, where are you making your appointment from? I'm going to the one in Toronto, Canada.. and trying to still get some more answers before tomorrow!

Good luck to you!! And God bless.

OSJG Mar 28th 2019 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by smineke (Post 12662388)
Hi OSJG,
I'm not an expert or anything.. I just joined this forum, as I am also in the process of applying to join my husband in the UK. I was looking through your list and then thought maybe I could help since I've got a similar list of my own. I also go in tomorrow for the biometrics and have to submit everything. I tried scanning and uploading myself, but the vfs website wasn't behaving great.. and now I think I'm locked out!

Anyway, I didn't see on your list a certified copy of your Sponsor/Husband's British passport - the photo page, at least. Not sure about the rest of the pages. (Someone in the UK did say you should copy and certify EVERY page, but we listened to a lawyer friend who said that first page would be sufficient.)

Or, is your husband/sponsor submitting that in the UK? I think there is a process now where a sponsor can (for a fee) submit documents as well in the UK.. Not sure, just read about it on the vfs website, since I was trying to make sense of the information on whether I have to pay for the scanning at the VAC or not.

If I may ask, where are you making your appointment from? I'm going to the one in Toronto, Canada.. and trying to still get some more answers before tomorrow!

Good luck to you!! And God bless.

I have a coloured copy of both his British and Nigerian passport. It's included with bio data page however I did not certify it. I hear it's not absolutely necessary and I believe since it was issued by the UK govt, they do have their records that can be easily verified.

​​​​​​Yayyyyyyyyyy. Good luck with your biometrics and submission tomorrow. I'm submitting in Nigeria. I hope we both share some good news here soon. Ask any questions I'll answer what I can before tomorrow morning! Thanks and Bless you

smineke Mar 28th 2019 6:37 pm

Oh, okay, that's great about the passports.. and makes sense regarding certification.

Thanks so much for your positive vibes.. Praying it all goes well for both of us (and everyone else!) come submission time, and when the visas get issued, God willing. For now, I'm going to have to finish organizing it all.. and just finish and print out my cover letters.

Thanks, I'll let you know if I have any questions!

OSJG Mar 31st 2019 9:51 am

Originally Posted by smineke (Post 12662521)
Oh, okay, that's great about the passports.. and makes sense regarding certification.

Thanks so much for your positive vibes.. Praying it all goes well for both of us (and everyone else!) come submission time, and when the visas get issued, God willing. For now, I'm going to have to finish organizing it all.. and just finish and print out my cover letters.

Thanks, I'll let you know if I have any questions!

You're welcome. I actually thought I had replied this. How did submission go? They wasted our time at TLS. When we finished biometrics, I dashed to DHL. The plan was to send directly to Sheffield but DHL said they don't sell self addressed return envelopes so I sent it to my husband. He'll send it off and include the self addressed envelope. Such a huge load lifted off us. Now we wait patiently for our good news