Filing for breakdown of marriage

Old Sep 4th 2022, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

Sophies1992 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Filing for breakdown of marriage

Hello all

thank you for any input I have received previous.

I have wrote my email to the home office about me and my husband no longer being together .

if I understand right when they receive they will contact him and inform him, his visa has been curtailed and he has to leave the country in 60 days time ?

if for some miraculous reason we reconcile and get back together what will happen to his visa ?

Old Sep 5th 2022, 1:04 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Filing for breakdown of marriage

Originally Posted by Sophies1992
Hello all

thank you for any input I have received previous.

I have wrote my email to the home office about me and my husband no longer being together .

if I understand right when they receive they will contact him and inform him, his visa has been curtailed and he has to leave the country in 60 days time ?

if for some miraculous reason we reconcile and get back together what will happen to his visa ?
You are both required to inform the home office of the marriage breakdown. His visa will be curtailed to 60 days, if he wants to live in/ remain in the UK he'll have to apply to do so under any other visa route he meets the requirements for. If he doesn't apply through another visa route to remain in the UK, his visa will be cancelled after 60 days and he'll have to leave the country, or be deported if he doesn't leave voluntarily.

I'd call reconciling with an abuser tragic rather than miraculous, but if you wanted to live with him again after his visa is cancelled then he'd have to apply again for a partner visa. In addition to having to meet all the usual requirements, this application would be subject to additional scrutiny by the Home Office due to the history of your relationship.

If you're talking about reconciling within the 60 days of visa curtailment, I don't know how the Home Office would view that but I would expect that the validity of your relationship would be scrutinized.