Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Fiancee Visa Application/Decision has been made on your application email

Fiancee Visa Application/Decision has been made on your application email

Old May 10th 2015, 7:22 am
Just Joined

Nicola P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fiancee Visa Application/Decision has been made on your application email

I am new to this forum and I have spent some time reading parts over the last few weeks or so during the much anticipated wait on my visa application.

I applied for a Fiancee Visa, bio-metrics were done on the 31/03/2015, sent off to the visa application centre on the same day and estimated arrival time in Manila was the 06/04/2015.

My first correspondence since then was on Friday 08/05/2015 (23 working days in) which read as follows:

Email Subject:
Your Visa Application from UK Visas and Immigration

Dear first/lastname

Application Reference : GWFxxxxxxxx

A decision has been made on your application and your documents are being returned to the Visa Application Centre (VAC). You will be contacted again by the VAC once these documents have been received and they are ready for you to collect. If you have chosen to have your documents couriered to you, these will be despatched by the VAC once they have been received.

Please do not attend the application centre until you have been contacted by the VAC. UKVI contact details can be found at https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

UK Visas and Immigration
British Embassy Manila

I am a bit nervous about this as I have read that if I did not have a reference number in the email subject then I have been declined. Can anyone please let me know if they have received this email and been declined or if they have received it the same as this without a reference number in the email subject and had success?

Any advice would be most appreciated! As you are all aware this is a lengthy process with stress/worry levels high throughout!

Nicola
Old May 10th 2015, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fiancee Visa Application/Decision has been made on your application email

From what I have read, there are no hidden clues in the email that is sent to say a decision has been reached. There is no way of knowing if you have been granted the visa until you actually receive your passport. You just have to wait and I know how stressful that is! I hope you hear soon! Good luck!
Old May 10th 2015, 10:18 pm
Just Joined

Nicola P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Fiancee Visa Application/Decision has been made on your application email

Thank you I am hoping to hear back on Wednesday of this week, from what I have read people seem to receive their passports back 5 days after the email is sent out (mine is being couriered).

Yes very very stressful but I am glad to know that it could very well still be approved even though I do not have a reference number in my email.

I wish they could tell us in the email to cut out the extra waiting and stressing!

I have everything crossed
Old May 10th 2015, 11:22 pm
Just Joined

will1927 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi, Nicola...my wife and I received the same email, followed by another from vac a few hours later, then the following day her visa turned up by courier..

to: xxxxxxxx

Your visa application from UK visas and immigration
29 April 2015 01.38

Dear (first and last name)
Application Reference : GWF********

A decision has been made on your application and your documents are being returned to the Visa Application Centre (VAC). You will be contacted again by the VAC once these documents have been received and they are ready for you to collect. If you have chosen to have your documents couriered to you, these will be despatched by the VAC once they have been received.

Please do not attend the application centre until you have been contacted by the VAC. UKVI contact details can be found at https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

UK Visas and Immigration
British Embassy Manila

then followed by a second email from VFS GLOBAL manila on 29/04/15 at 12.23..... which read..

to: GWFXXXXXXXXX

Application received from post
CRM:0000XXXX
29 April 2015 12.23

Dear xxxx

The processed visa application for GWF reference number – GWFXXXXXXXXX was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 4/29/2015 .
If a courier service was purchased from VFS Global, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.
If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times.
Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

and today 30/04/15

and guess what happened today, a parcel turned up this morning, with the spouse visa inside the passport.

will
Old May 11th 2015, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, Will. As a successful applicant, it might prove helpful to others if you briefly describe your situation to us all and the obstacles overcome. Was there an English language test required, for example?
Old May 11th 2015, 4:01 pm
Just Joined

will1927 is an unknown quantity at this point

Type of visa applied for: Spousal visa (settlement)

submitted online...............march 3rd
vfs/documents submitted...march 11th
passport submitted............march 23rd (Passport Pass back service used)
email from ukvi and vfs .....April 29th
passport with visa arrived...April 30th (50 days)

visa...........33 months
valid from 03/06/2015 to 03/03/2018