Fiance visa (Settlement marriage)

Old Sep 28th 2018, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

Ellia Bu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fiance visa (Settlement marriage)

Hello to everyone.
Here I am hoping to share some experience and get your opinion and advices.

I am non EU and my future husband is EU citizen living and working in the UK.
After my partner proposed me in Summer, we checked all visa types and decided to apply for Settlement Marriage (Fiance visa, not spouse). It seemed better for us to wait 2 months before the wedding than after it. Therefore, we are planning our marriage in the UK this winter.
It has been 15 working days since I received an email from Sheffield (application is being prepared for consideration by an entry clearance - 1) by the way, should we start counting days from this point?).
We have also bought priority service.

My doubt is that my future husband does not hold a resident certificate, but he works officially for more than 6 months (the salary is higher than 18600) and the rent of our apartment is on his name. In this case, 2) can he be considered as settled in the UK? How strict is it? I have read that EU citizens actually do not need this certificate to be settled, but in our case he is my sponsor.
The other documents should be okay. We have been together for 2 years (more than half a year living together in his country and in the UK on base of my student visa - it is worth pointing out that I did not hide our relationship when apply for the previous visa, even sent some pictures to show our intention to live together). Neither of us had been married, we have no children or other depended relatives. Many holidays were spend together with parents etc.

Moreover, wanted to ask based on your experience, 3) how much time will our application take? So stressed...
Will be waiting for your opinions.
Thank you very much in advance...
Old Sep 28th 2018, 3:53 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fiance visa (Settlement marriage)

I’m afraid you’ve wasted a lot of time, money and effort. You should’ve just married and applied for a free EEA Family Permit.

https://www.gov.uk/family-permit
Old Sep 29th 2018, 8:49 am
Just Joined

Ellia Bu is an unknown quantity at this point

The thing is that we have already applied and paid, so there is no way back. This is why I wanted to get some advice and opinion what to expect and how to act if we get a rejection, either to continue with an appeal or make a new application after we get married. Will be looking forward to hearing from you.
Old Sep 29th 2018, 12:22 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

If he’s not settled in the UK then the application will be rejected. You should then marry and apply for an EEA Family Permit. With Brexit looming it would be wise to do this as soon as possible.
Old Sep 30th 2018, 7:57 pm

The one exception would be if your fiancé was an Irish citizen.