Fiance visa quiries

Old Dec 17th 2018, 12:38 am
Forum Regular

Badmank is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fiance visa quiries

Hi guys,

I have been following this forum for a little while now and have a couple of questions to ask just to help settle my mind and put me at ease.

Basically my fiance and I applied for a settlement visa (fiance) for her to come and join me in the UK from Bangladesh.
She had her biometrics taken on 11/11/18 and all documents were sent kept my vfs, not sure if they sent the originals to the HO or scanned copies but we got all our documents back a couple of weeks ago.
We've had the standard email from Sheffield stating that they have received the application and it is being prepared for consideration on 20/11/18.
I got a call on Friday 14/11/18 from the HO for a telephone interview and they asked me basic questions reagrding my employment. I'm guessing that they have also called my work place or will be calling at some point...
I know that the application is at the final stage as I asked the person conducting the interview how long are we looking at now? All he could say was that the application is now at the final stage and should here back soon, they just needed to conifrm some stuff hence the phone call.
Now from reading other peoples updates and forums I'm not sure what to expect.
Does this mean that we'll be getting the visa as they just need to confirm some stuff regarding my employment?
The way I'm thinking is that if they were to refuse the application for any reason surely they would just refuse it rather than waste their resources on telephone interviews ect. Am I right in thinking this?
My head is all over the place at the minute just stressing over her visa. Just want her to get the visa so that we can move on and start planning our life together.

All help will be much appreciated!!

Thanks
Old Dec 17th 2018, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

Fity1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Fiance visa quiries

Hi i applied foe a fiance visa in march, i escalated the case 3 times on thursday i had a phone interview the man asked me questions on my part time job, my interview lasted only 11minutes , he rang my manager and he was driving and could not answer the call,the man that interviwed me did not say anything about final stages he only said at the end if i understood all the questions and i said yh but to be honest i didnt, how long did ur interview lasted and what did they ask you

Last edited by christmasoompa; Dec 17th 2018 at 3:29 pm. Reason: English only please
Old Dec 17th 2018, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Fity1234,

You've been waiting a while now then haven't you...
My interview lasted round 17 minutes or so, they were all basic questions regarding my job role, how many people are employed my the company, my colleague names, managers name, length of employment etc etc.
At the end of the call the interviewer did ask If I understood all the questions which i replied to with a yes. That's when I asked how long are we looking at, what's left in the application process? That's when he said that the application is now at the final stage but couldn't give me an exact time.
I was on annual leave last week so wasn't sure if they checked with my employers.
Upon returning back to work today I asked the HR advisor if they received any calls from the HO and she did. Apparently they called this morning and asked them the same questions I was asked. Unfortunately I didn't ask how long the cal lasted.

My only issue is will we be getting the visa? I know to be patient and let things pan out the way Allah has written for us but were humans after all and I for one am very impatient and like to know things straight away.

My only question is if they are to lets say refuse the visa for any other reason ie, not enough documents or whatever why do they go through with the interview over the phones? Why not just refuse the visa? That's when I think that everything is looking good and these interviews are just to confirm a few things. I mean why would you waste energy/time and resources on an application when you are going to refuse it anyway when you have a long list of backlog to go through.
But I just like to know there and then...
How's things looking with your applicaton? Where did your fiance apply from?
Old Dec 17th 2018, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

Hi badmark, to be honest i think you have a good chance i mean you only applied last month and already they are processing ur case,wer else me i applied in march and after 3months i recieved a not stright forward email and that was in june,i waited and waited and no update on my case i escalted it 3 times still no update,and than on thursday igot that nasty call lol, the man asked me the same questions as you i got so nervous that i know i have answed about 2 wrong and plus my manager did not answer and they have not rang back so to be honest i know i have a very slim chance of my visa being approved,but allah knows best and allah always does everythin for the best, insha allah we both will get some good news lets just hope for the best. I applied from italy rome
Old Dec 17th 2018, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

Wa8ing is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fity1234
Hi badmark, to be honest i think you have a good chance i mean you only applied last month and already they are processing ur case,wer else me i applied in march and after 3months i recieved a not stright forward email and that was in june,i waited and waited and no update on my case i escalted it 3 times still no update,and than on thursday igot that nasty call lol, the man asked me the same questions as you i got so nervous that i know i have answed about 2 wrong and plus my manager did not answer and they have not rang back so to be honest i know i have a very slim chance of my visa being approved,but allah knows best and allah always does everythin for the best, insha allah we both will get some good news lets just hope for the best. I applied from italy rome
I got the not straight forward email as well and I too was contacted by HO about my employment. The call lasted 30 mins where HO asked me various questions regarding the employment. I was really nervious at first then I just calmed a bit and answered. They then called my employer and his call lasted 30 mins and they asked him similar questions.
Old Dec 17th 2018, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Wa8ing
I got the not straight forward email as well and I too was contacted by HO about my employment. The call lasted 30 mins where HO asked me various questions regarding the employment. I was really nervious at first then I just calmed a bit and answered. They then called my employer and his call lasted 30 mins and they asked him similar questions.
oh well aleast you dont need to stress no more i know all my documents are bang on, its just the phone call that has got me thinking im not really a phone person and that call has really messed me up i think,out of 22 questions i got about 2 wrong and than my manager not answerig got things more worse.and they havent even rang back i think they only ring once
Old Dec 19th 2018, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

Hey everyone

just a quick update, i had 2 missed calls on Tuesday one from a private number and another from a sheffield are code number, both which I unfortunately missed.
For some reason I've had the thought in my head that it was from the HO.
It has been playing in my head all day today that it was and then I called the enquiry contact centre and spoke to someone regarding this. I explained that I missed the calls as I was at work and stuff, they did tell me that the application is just waiting for a final decision by the ECO and they just needed to claryify something/s with me.
I asked if they had a number that i could call the ECO or any other department regarding this and they said no but they did say that they will make a note on the file that I did call and will be expecting a call again very soon.
Has anyone had anything like this happen to them?

My mind is restless now and I'm becoming more impatient by the minute.