Fiance visa or Marriage Visitor visa

Old Feb 11th 2021, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

FlameAura is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fiance visa or Marriage Visitor visa

I'm dual EU/UK(naturalised) citizen. Earn over income requirement. Girlfriend is Filipina citizen. Aim is for her to join me here in the UK.

From research, fiance visa is £1.5k, then another £1.5k to convert to spouse visa when here, then another £1k for FLR.
MVV is £95, then £1.5k spouse visa then £1k for FLR.

From fees alone the MVV would be the obvious better choice as the £1.4k saved would be enough for at least 2 plane tickets for her to come here, get married and stay for 6 months, go back, then come back again on spouse visa. This would be a good option as we could both go to PH which I have been unable to do for nearly 1 year as we are not married.

My main question is for the MVV, is it a tick box exercise like the fiance visa, in that as long as all the requirements are met it's a guaranteed approval, or is it like a visitor visa where even though the requirements may be met on paper, the HO are able to deny if they think/feel the applicant does not have enough ties to their home and will not return?

I don't want to waste time so if the fiance visa is the more 'guaranteed' option then maybe it's better, but I'm not sure.

Any other advice or opinion welcome.
Old Feb 11th 2021, 9:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fiance visa or Marriage Visitor visa

No guarantee on either visa; you need proof of relationship. finances, accommodation, proof of getting married for both fiance and Marriage visitor visa. In the case of the Marriage Visitor visa some evidence that the non Brit will return to home country......
Many people get the fiance visa only because they don't like the idea of the non Brit returning home.
It's certainly cheaper to get the Marriage Visitor visa if the flights to home country work out less than the fiance visa.

Don't forget the NHS surcharge once you go for the spouse visa: 1,500 GBP or thereabouts.
Old Feb 14th 2021, 11:14 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fiance visa or Marriage Visitor visa

Is it your preference to marry in the UK? Marrying in the Philippines or a third country may be a cheaper option overall.