Fiance Visa with child

Old Sep 7th 2017, 9:08 pm
Just Joined

pearlsantana09 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fiance Visa with child

I am applying for a fiancee visa to join my fiancé in Guernsey, the channel islands. I am also taking my 8 year old child with me. I have sole legal and physical custody, before anyone asks about that. We are doing two visas as it needs to be, one for me as the fiancée and one for my little one as the child of a parent who is applying for entry clearance as a partner What I need to know is if I send the applications separately. I know I have to pay two fees, one for my little one's application and one for mine but do I send the applications together in one envelope and file together or do I send them separately in two separate envelopes?

I tried calling immigration but they wouldn't give me a clear answer, they just didn't know the answer really.
Old Sep 7th 2017, 10:46 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fiance Visa with child

They are two separate applications so they will need to lodged separately but you can send the supporting documents together under the same cover providing they are clearly separated with a covering letter. Depending on where you are applying from some VACs are now scanning the documents and sending them electronically for processing in which case it won't be an issue.

You may have sole custody of your child but that doesn't necessarily mean you can remove her from her habitual country of residence unless you have permission from the other parent or a court order. It would wise to consult a family law solicitor before making the applications.
Old Sep 7th 2017, 10:53 pm
Just Joined

pearlsantana09 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Fiance Visa with child

Hi BritInParis,

Thank you for your reply. I do have permit from the courts to take her with me. Her father signed all the papers and the court has already approved everything. That was my first step in all this. With my visa application as a fiancé I had to show proof of relationship with text messages and pictures and everything, do I have to make copies of those and send them on my daughter's application too? I am applying from California. You mentioned up there something about a "covering letter" what is that? Sorry, I have done immigration here in the US but never did in the UK so I don't know how to go about it.

Sorry for all the questions, I am on very little sleep getting all this paper work done, lol it is so much paperwork, it's insane. When you say I can send the supporting documents together but make sure they are clearly separate, what do you mean? Send them in the same envelope but separate them?

Thank you for all your help you are the best.