Fiance visa

Old Aug 9th 2018, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

chasingsun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fiance visa

If we apply for a fiance visa and have cash savings of $140000cdn , do we need to.show savings again when my partner switches to spouse Visa after the marriage on the uk. I'm getting confused.
Old Aug 10th 2018, 12:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fiance visa

When you apply for the spouse visa you can do so using, income, savings, pensions, non employment income (or combinations thereof)

You do not HAVE to use savings.
Old Aug 10th 2018, 12:25 am
Forum Regular

Ok, so we still have to.prove income again. .so were best to.just go our original plan, unmarried partner visa.
we are going through several.options again, so we can be set to go in Spring. Really trying not to.seperate family for to long.
Old Aug 10th 2018, 7:57 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

If you can use cash savings for both applications then that would be best. Remember you can apply for a spouse visa as soon as you’ve married so that could be as little as a few weeks after you have arrived back in the UK.
Old Aug 10th 2018, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

That sounds reasonable, we could get married in that first week, then book a same day premium service for hiscspousal visa. I can't work for the first bit due to getting kids in school and taking my mum for her appointments. He already has a job available to.him so we want to get it going easy if we can.

thanks
Old Aug 10th 2018, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

NateWagner is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought I had read somewhere that the premium service is only available if you are within 28 days of the expiry date of the fiance visa (end of the 6 months). Is that true?
Old Aug 10th 2018, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

johannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond repute

No, that is not true.
You can book an appointment at any time after your marriage & within the expiry date of the visa.

(I think you are confusing it with needing to renew your visa within 28 days of the expiry when going from spouse visa - FLR(M) or FLR(M) - ILR. This does not apply to the fiance visa - FLR(M) situation.)
Old Aug 10th 2018, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

NateWagner is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by johannalouise View Post
No, that is not true.
You can book an appointment at any time after your marriage & within the expiry date of the visa.

(I think you are confusing it with needing to renew your visa within 28 days of the expiry when going from spouse visa - FLR(M) or FLR(M) - ILR. This does not apply to the fiance visa - FLR(M) situation.)
I knew you could make the switch from Fiance to Spouse visa any time, what I had thought was that if you wanted to go with the 'Premium' (ie same day) service, for that particular situation it had to be within the 28 days...but maybe I'm mixing that up with something else like you mentioned.
Old Aug 13th 2018, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

johannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond repute

That's still definitely not the case for the fiance - FLR(M) situation. Many people use the premium service centres to get their FLR(M) almost immediately after marrying. My husband had 3 months left on his fiance visa when we used the premium service centre to apply for FLR(M). You have to apply before your fiance visa expires but there are no other restrictions on when you can apply via the premium service centre.

It's a good idea to have the link to where you read xyz when questioning it on the forum as it helps to access the validity of the source.