Fiancée Visa Travel History

Old Mar 20th 2017, 5:44 pm
Just Joined

dearohdear is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fiancée Visa Travel History

Hello,

Apologies if my formatting is off, I just created this account because this process is just one big headache.

I'm American and my fiancé is British. I haven't begun the application yet because I want to get all the necessary documents laid out first. My question is in regards to my travel history because I know it will be requested in the application. I've only been to Mexico twice (2014 and 2015), first time for one week and the second for two weeks; the other trip is Italy in 2014 where I stayed for the entire 3 months allowed to stay as a tourist.

All of these trips were for tourism/vacation purposes but I don't have proof of booking the flights since I did not purchase them myself. Unfortunately I am no longer in contact with those that did due to personal reasons. All I have are the stamps on my passport showing that I arrived and left within the legal time frame allowed.

Will my application be rejected out right because of this lack of evidence or will I just be questioned about it further in an interview? There's not much else I can provide besides what I've laid out just now.
Thank you.
Old Mar 20th 2017, 6:29 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fiancée Visa Travel History

Originally Posted by dearohdear
Hello,

Apologies if my formatting is off, I just created this account because this process is just one big headache.

I'm American and my fiancé is British. I haven't begun the application yet because I want to get all the necessary documents laid out first. My question is in regards to my travel history because I know it will be requested in the application. I've only been to Mexico twice (2014 and 2015), first time for one week and the second for two weeks; the other trip is Italy in 2014 where I stayed for the entire 3 months allowed to stay as a tourist.

All of these trips were for tourism/vacation purposes but I don't have proof of booking the flights since I did not purchase them myself. Unfortunately I am no longer in contact with those that did due to personal reasons. All I have are the stamps on my passport showing that I arrived and left within the legal time frame allowed.

Will my application be rejected out right because of this lack of evidence or will I just be questioned about it further in an interview? There's not much else I can provide besides what I've laid out just now.
Thank you.
You don't have to worry. When I applied from Australia, I just listed all the places I'd been to (there were a lot!), put down the dates, and mentioned in the place for further comments that all my travel dates were verifiable by reference to my passports. No further information was asked for.
Old Mar 20th 2017, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
You don't have to worry. When I applied from Australia, I just listed all the places I'd been to (there were a lot!), put down the dates, and mentioned in the place for further comments that all my travel dates were verifiable by reference to my passports. No further information was asked for.
Thank you for your input!
I've just been absolutely worried sick about this. I was assuming that those 3 months spent in Italy would raise some eyebrows and probably would be cause for concern on their end.
Old Mar 20th 2017, 6:54 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your input!
I've just been absolutely worried sick about this. I was assuming that those 3 months spent in Italy would raise some eyebrows and probably would be cause for concern on their end.
Three months in Afghanistan or Syria would raise eyebrows, not Italy.
Old Mar 20th 2017, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Three months in Afghanistan or Syria would raise eyebrows, not Italy.
Very true! I suppose I'm just overreacting or being super cautious. Thank you.
Old Mar 20th 2017, 7:02 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Very true! I suppose I'm just overreacting or being super cautious. Thank you.
You sound very organized and thorough - they're the applications that have the best chance of success so good on you
Old Mar 20th 2017, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
You sound very organized and thorough - they're the applications that have the best chance of success so good on you
Thank you!