Fiancée success, daughter refused

Old Feb 23rd 2016, 9:29 am
Just Joined

foggydays is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Fiancée success, daughter refused

We have just submitted 2 VAF4A Appendix 2 applications, for my fiancée and her daughter, who is 10.

I've attached the letter(no, it won't let me) can be seen here: http://oblit.co.uk/wrong.jpg

which states, they acknowledge the father is from a different country, and that because nothing was provided to show compelling circumstances, that suitable arrangements have been made for her care. Which I believe is ridiculous, nothing was shown to provide her care, because there is nothing.

So at the moment we have a visa which cost £1000, which she can't use, because she can't leave a ten year old alone. This of course is exactly the opposite to what they state are their intentions on child welfare.

I think the last line of the first paragraph annoys me, "I am satisfied that suitable arrangements have been made for your care." Saying they are satisfied because no proof of care was shown can't be right.

Anyway, my fiancée's visa is only valid 6 months and appeal can take 6 months, so can anyone suggest what my options might be?
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 4:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fiancée success, daughter refused

The letter states that you have not shown that the mother has sole custody of the child.

All Immigration authorities are extremely diligent when it comes to moving children from one country to another especially where there is only one parent involved.

Did you show a court order showing mother has full custody of the child?; did you show a notorised or official letter showing the father has agreed to child being taken to UK?

If not, then you have not shown that the child has permission to move to the UK, and were correctly refused her visa.

You need to get all the necessary official documents for the moving of the child from her home country.
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 4:53 pm
Just Joined

foggydays is an unknown quantity at this point

The problem is the father abandoned them, shortly after her daughter was born.

They were never married, and he returned to the Ivory Coast.

We were thinking of getting signed documents from doctor, dentist, local police, registration dept, school authority, and anyone else we could get. But I don't know if that's enough, and do we appeal with additional documents or resubmit a new application?

Their concern is the child's welfare, but issuing a visa to the mother and leaving a 10 year old child, with no suitable care seems counter productive though. They state nothing was provided, then state that suitable care must have been arranged, but suitable care wasn't arranged, because there is none.
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 7:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

You need to get a court order or some form of notorised order to state that the mother has sole custody and she has the authority to move the child.

doctor, dentist etc will not suffice.

You need an immigration lawyer to assist you.