Few questions about spouse visa

Old Mar 9th 2017, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

cmdaniel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Few questions about spouse visa

Okay, so I've been through a few threads, but just wanted to clarify some things.

-So I'm UK citizen and want currently working in HK. I plan to marry my GF who is a HK citizen.

1. According to OANDA, I am currently earning over the 18.6k threshold, so I need to provide at least six months pay cheque, correct?
2. I am aware that I also need to try and secure a job offer(over 18.6k) in the UK whilst I am still in HK that will start within three months. THEREFORE, do I make the application for spouse visa as soon as I get confirmation of a job offer?
3. If no 2 is successful, does it mean I don't need to work in UK for like 6 months first by myself to provide proof? Or can (wife to be) be able to move with me together?
4. Referring back to Q2, if I secure job offer from UK, what happens about accommodation then? Can I provide parents address first? OR would it be a scenario from Q3 where I would need to move back first by myself for 6 months? IF I provide parents address...does the location matter at all? Like if job was in....lets say Leeds and my family home is in Exeter...

Thanks!

Last edited by cmdaniel; Mar 9th 2017 at 1:54 pm.
Old Mar 9th 2017, 2:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Few questions about spouse visa

1. Yes

2. When you have the UK job offer, then you are able to apply for the spouse visa - presuming by then you have married your girlfriend.

3. Yes, with above scenario (you having worked in foreign country for 6 months or more earning 18,600 and above, AND having job to go to in UK) apply, get approved and wife together to UK

4.Use parents address. People don't always are able to move in the first stage to exactly where job is.
Old Mar 9th 2017, 4:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Few questions about spouse visa

Originally Posted by cmdaniel
Okay, so I've been through a few threads, but just wanted to clarify some things.

-So I'm UK citizen and want currently working in HK. I plan to marry my GF who is a HK citizen.
You can also meet the financial requirement using the savings route - £62,500 held for six months or more.

Does your GF has British National (Overseas) status? If so, she should apply for her UK spouse visa using her BN(O) passport as she will be treated as a Commonwealth citizen in the UK. Being a Commonwealth citizen in the UK means that she can -

1) Register to vote in all UK elections. Being on the electoral register helps her to build up her own credit history in the UK.

2) Apply for British civil service jobs.

3) Register to become a British Citizen using form B(OTA) which is about £100 cheaper than naturalisation using form AN.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...izen-form-bota

She can also exchange her Hong Kong issued driving licence to an UK one without test once she is in the UK as long as she passed her driving test in Hong Kong. If she doesn't have a driving licence just now, it is good to pass the test in Hong Kong before moving to the UK.

Once the spouse visa is approved, she can open an UK bank account in Hong Kong before coming over. Both HSBC and the Bank of East Asia offer this service in Hong Kong. Please see link below for details -

https://www.hsbc.com.hk/personal/hsb...s-account.html

https://www.hkbea.com/html/en/bea-in...-services.html