Family Visas: EXTEND

Old Nov 14th 2019, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

AnnF is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Family Visas: EXTEND

Hello!

I got married to a British Citizen and I’m a Colombian living in the UK with a residence permit valid until 21/01/2021.

I was wondering when is the earliest date that I can apply to extend my residence permit.

Best,

An
Old Nov 14th 2019, 2:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family Visas: EXTEND

If you are here on family route (as spouse or unmarried partner), and you entered UK on 33-month visa, then the earliest you can apply to renew your leave on form FLR(M) is on the 30-month anniversary of your UK entry (not from 'valid from' date on your visa, unless you arrived here on the first day of validity), minus 28 days. So for example, if you arrived in UK on your settlement visa on 17th June 2015, you can apply on 17th December 2017 (30-month anniversary), minus 28 days which will be 19th November 2017. So that's the first day you can book your premium service centre appointment for (for same-day service) or send off your application by post.
Old Nov 14th 2019, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your help!

Do you know what could be the latest I can apply?

Best,

An
Old Nov 14th 2019, 5:12 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

You can apply to renew a spouse visa at any time but you shouldn’t renew it until you are within 28 days of its expiry date to ensure you accumulate sufficient time to qualify for ILR.
Old Dec 21st 2020, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

Hello! It’s me again...

The time to extend my spouse visa arrived! And with it some questions I hope you can help me to clarify before I apply.

FIRST QUESTION:

In this question I put YES and my reason... my question is : should I click the box and if so what could be the evidence to support that would be difficult for me to do a private life in other country?

SECOND QUESTION:

Is this one the correct answer? There is another option saying extension so I’m not sure as this is my first time applaying after my first BRP since I arrive to the UK

THIRD QUESTION :

My husband is sending savings account as well to support the application. I don’t understand what is “a declaration by the account holder”

what does my husband have to do? Sorry it’s not clear for me.

Old Dec 22nd 2020, 10:49 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

1. Whilst you may not want to return to Colombia it’s unlikely that your answer to this question will be ‘Yes’. That would only be the case for things like you couldn’t speak Spanish, hadn’t lived in Colombia as an adult, were likely to face persecution as a member of a religious or ethnic minority, there was an ongoing civil conflict, etc..

2. If you arrived on a spouse visa then this is correct.

3. Your husband just needs to say where the money has come from, i.e. lifetime savings from salaried income, proceeds from property sale, etc..
Old Dec 22nd 2020, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

Hi! Thanks for your response.

So... your advise will be to mark that question as NO.. right? As you said I might not want to get back to Colombia but I’m not in danger to get back if is the case.

For my husband savings account should he write a letter explaining that and just attach it to the evidence?
Old Dec 22nd 2020, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

Hi!

Apologies... I just have another question.

On this part:

You must provide at least 6 items of correspondence, addressed to you and your partner jointly or in both your names. The dates of the items of correspondence should be spread evenly over the whole 2 years.

For example“ Gas Bill June 2019” or how many gas bill of the same year should I send?

I’m thinking to send like this:

Thames water June 2019 and September 2020
Virgin media January 2019
BT internet November 2020
Gas bill March 2018 and June 2020

Would be correct like that?

I hope what I’m saying makes sense.

Thanks
Old Dec 22nd 2020, 7:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Are the above bills jointly or in individual names? They are very widely spaced out. Gas bill one in March 2018 and another in June 2020?

The following gives a good summary of what is required
  • Cohabitation evidence: ideally, this is a bill, letter or service statement in joint names. You are looking for evenly spaced evidence that you lived together throughout at least a 2 year period with a very minimum of 6 jointly addressed documents from 3 different providers.
  • For each joint document you do not have available, have one each in individual names, showing the same address.
    • ​Tenancy or rental or mortgage/ownership agreements
    • Joint bank statements/joint financial statements
    • Utility bills or local taxation evidence
    • Life insurance and named beneficiaries in policies
    • Copies of driving licences or national ID cards/official documents which bear an address
    • Phone/internet service statements
    • Subscriptions/memberships
    • Large purchases with billing address and delivery address shared
Old Dec 22nd 2020, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

Hi!

We don’t have 6 items on both names but we got 4 but I’m thinking to put like this

JOINT

Council tax 2018-2019 - 2020-2021
6 months joint bank account
Car insurance Bill
1 Bill of Thames water 27 NOV 2020

Husband :

1 Bill of Thames Water FEB 2018
1 Bill of British Gas June 2019
1 Bill of Aviva August 2019
1 Bill of E-ON January 2020
1 Bill of Virgin Media August 2020

ME:

NHS registration dated for 11-05-2018
DBS check FEB 2019
Pension scheme 21 -07-2019
NINO registration 22-05- 2018
Barclays statement September 2020
Payslip June 2020

So ... that’s what I don’t understand... Do I have to put multiple bills of the same company of the same year like (Virgin Mobile Jun-July-August-September 2020) or can I do (Virgin Mobile June2018 August2019 November 2020) like random months of different years because that’s what I’m doing

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks