Family Visa Extension

Old Jan 16th 2020, 8:50 am
Just Joined

b0redj0rd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Family Visa Extension

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
IHS fees have gone up since you last applied - Increase in IHS fees

HTH.
Wow. Thanks for the information, this really is a total scam!
Old Jan 16th 2020, 8:51 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by b0redj0rd
Wow. Thanks for the information, this really is a total scam!
We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. I think £400 for a year of healthcare is a pretty good deal personally!
Old Jan 16th 2020, 8:55 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. I think £400 for a year of healthcare is a pretty good deal personally!
If you look at it like that, perhaps. I'd prefer to have an obligation for health insurance, then I could just add my Wife to my work policy and it wouldn't cost anywhere near that. Doubling the mandatory payment seems pretty harsh to me!
Old Jan 17th 2020, 9:42 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

If you look at it like that, perhaps. I'd prefer to have an obligation for health insurance, then I could just add my Wife to my work policy and it wouldn't cost anywhere near that. Doubling the mandatory payment seems pretty harsh to me!
It’s about to go up again so I would hurry up with your application if you want to avoid paying even more.
Old Jan 17th 2020, 10:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
It’s about to go up again so I would hurry up with your application if you want to avoid paying even more.
Really? What are the new fees? I'm hoping to get everything off on Monday so hopefully that'll be before that point!
Old Jan 18th 2020, 12:00 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Really? What are the new fees? I'm hoping to get everything off on Monday so hopefully that'll be before that point!
£625 pa, but the fees usually go up at the start of each financial year, so Monday should be fine
Old Jan 19th 2020, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

Hello again, could I ask another quick question. After my Wife has completed her section in the application, there is an option to add another applicant which could be a dependent child. We have a Son, who is only 9 months old and born in the UK so obviously doesn't require a visa but I'm wondering if I need to add his details here or as it is only my wife who requires the visa should I just ignore this area?

Thank you
Old Jan 19th 2020, 2:39 pm

Hello again, could I ask another quick question. After my Wife has completed her section in the application, there is an option to add another applicant which could be a dependent child. We have a Son, who is only 9 months old and born in the UK so obviously doesn't require a visa but I'm wondering if I need to add his details here or as it is only my wife who requires the visa should I just ignore this area?

Thank you
If you’re a British citizen then your son will also be a British citizen so doesn’t need to be added to the application.
Old Jan 19th 2020, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

In addition to the above, baring in mind we have a son who doesn't need a visa as he was born here in the UK ... Is this section correctly entered?

Old Jan 19th 2020, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

If you’re a British citizen then your son will also be a British citizen so doesn’t need to be added to the application.
Thanks very much!
Old Jan 19th 2020, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

In addition to the above, baring in mind we have a son who doesn't need a visa as he was born here in the UK ... Is this section correctly entered?

Would it be a case of putting 'no' to the second question and then stating the reason being that he is a British citizen and does not require a visa?
Old Jan 19th 2020, 3:00 pm

Would it be a case of putting 'no' to the second question and then stating the reason being that he is a British citizen and does not require a visa?
Correct.
Old Jan 19th 2020, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

Correct.
Thank you very much, again. You are very helpful and I do appreciate it. I am now filling a section relating to my son's ID and etc - I was a little confused that this hadn't formed part of the application so far, so it makes sense.

Thank you!
Old Jan 19th 2020, 4:03 pm
Just Joined

Sorry, last query (I hope!) Completing the finance section now, and it says they've calculated the threshold to be 18.5k. Shouldn't this be higher as we have a child? I was expecting it to be +3800. Did I miss something on the form I wonder ... ?
Old Jan 19th 2020, 4:07 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, last query (I hope!) Completing the finance section now, and it says they've calculated the threshold to be 18.5k. Shouldn't this be higher as we have a child? I was expecting it to be +3800. Did I miss something on the form I wonder ... ?
If your child's a British citizen they're not counted in the financial requirement, so it's minimum income of £18,600 per year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.