British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   Family Settlement Visa Timeline (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/family-settlement-visa-timeline-922055/)

Lpowers Feb 14th 2019 7:43 am

Family Settlement Visa Timeline

Hi everyone!!

I recently submitted my settlement application for myself and two dependants in Johannesburg, South Africa and applied priority.

Whilst submitting I was given three different timelines for priority applications.

Does any one on this board have any experience with applying priority in Johannesburg through TLS??

I have already received my emails requesting the IHS payments for my dependants and made payment seven days ago when received.

Thanks in advance.

cjey1985 Feb 19th 2019 7:28 am

Re: Family Settlement Visa Timeline

HI, I applied on 5th Feb for spouse visa from JHB and also applied priority. I was told they endeavour to have it done in 30 working days but have no other information.

What were the 3 time frames you were told?

Lpowers Feb 19th 2019 7:31 am

Originally Posted by cjey1985 (Post 12639173)
HI, I applied on 5th Feb for spouse visa from JHB and also applied priority. I was told they endeavour to have it done in 30 working days but have no other information.

What were the 3 time frames you were told?

Hi, I was advised by the agent at the front counter a month, then the lady taking our documents said 15 working days and then online it says they will try to have it done within the 30 working days time frame. So I’m at a loss.

We we are literally just sitting waiting for an answer. It will be 15 working days for us on Thursday.

cjey1985 Feb 19th 2019 7:39 am

All the information online on official sites says 30 working days so I would go by that. However I believe it is just a 'guide' and there are lots of people who pay priority but still take up to 60 days.

Lpowers Feb 19th 2019 7:42 am

Originally Posted by cjey1985 (Post 12639176)
All the information online on official sites says 30 working days so I would go by that. However I believe it is just a 'guide' and there are lots of people who pay priority but still take up to 60 days.

Ya we’re working on the six week mark and if it’s not done by then then we will escalate and contact our MP.

Can’t help but try and be optimistic tho.

Bingbing25 Feb 19th 2019 7:42 am

Originally Posted by Lpowers (Post 12639174)

Hi, I was advised by the agent at the front counter a month, then the lady taking our documents said 15 working days and then online it says they will try to have it done within the 30 working days time frame. So I’m at a loss.

We we are literally just sitting waiting for an answer. It will be 15 working days for us on Thursday.

I'm in the same boat...I'm on 14 workings days from biometrics today. 30 days is more correct. If you look at the timeline thread, most priority applications take 20-30 working days. I'm also just sitting here waiting...Good luck!

Lpowers Feb 19th 2019 7:46 am

Originally Posted by Bingbing25 (Post 12639178)
I'm in the same boat...I'm on 14 workings days from biometrics today. 30 days is more correct. If you look at the timeline thread, most priority applications take 20-30 working days. I'm also just sitting here waiting...Good luck!

Well hopefully we’ll hear some good news soon. I know those ladies at TLS are normally very on point with their estimations.

Lpowers Feb 22nd 2019 11:34 am

Just an update. Received an email from UKVI today saying that a decision has been made and that TLS will be in contact with us to let us know when we can collect our passports.

16 working days from biometrics.

Bingbing25 Feb 22nd 2019 11:57 am

Originally Posted by Lpowers (Post 12641632)
Just an update. Received an email from UKVI today saying that a decision has been made and that TLS will be in contact with us to let us know when we can collect our passports.

16 working days from biometrics.

Congratulations. Hopefully it's a yes. I'm surprised that you received a decision in 16 days. I'm on working day 17 now.

Lpowers Feb 22nd 2019 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by Bingbing25 (Post 12641640)
Congratulations. Hopefully it's a yes. I'm surprised that you received a decision in 16 days. I'm on working day 17 now.

Totally surprised too. Then again if I only get notification to collect our passports on Tuesday or Wednesday then it will be a month which follows the lady at the front counters timeline.

Fingers crossed its it’s good news.

cjey1985 Feb 22nd 2019 5:23 pm

Well done, hopefully they are all approved. 16 days is a great turnaround.

I'm on day 14 and with no communication to myself or sponsor I can only hope to match the 16 WD that you have achieved.

Sammy2018 Feb 24th 2019 12:09 am

Originally Posted by cjey1985 (Post 12641856)
Well done, hopefully they are all approved. 16 days is a great turnaround.

I'm on day 14 and with no communication to myself or sponsor I can only hope to match the 16 WD that you have achieved.

Days to decision email really depends on the country you are applying from.

Lpowers Feb 24th 2019 6:23 am

Originally Posted by Sammy2018 (Post 12642629)

He applied through the same country and centre as I did.

Bingbing25 Feb 24th 2019 7:47 am

Originally Posted by Sammy2018 (Post 12642629)

Does it? I thought that since everything moved to Sheffield, the figures were more or less the same, unless you are from one of the countries considered suspicious.

Lpowers Feb 26th 2019 11:18 am

Just an update. TLS have updated their status to show decision made. Now waiting on their email.