Family of a settled person application with child

Old Aug 26th 2020, 10:44 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family of a settled person application with child

Excellent news, glad to hear it!
Old Aug 26th 2020, 2:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nnohaj
Update: My Spouse Visa got approved! Thank you everyone for the info and advice. Especially Brit in Paris for your helpful replies to my neverending questions. Happy and grateful. All the best to everyone awaiting decision on their applications! Cheers!
What about your son? How is he going to enter the UK with you? Last time you posted you were advised he needed a child visa or a British passport.
Old Aug 26th 2020, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

Nnohaj is an unknown quantity at this point

As per consultation with immigration lawyer, we can bring our son to the UK visa on arrival as he is a New Zealand passport holder. Then we can register him as British citizen under section 3(2) of the British Nationality Act 1981. We just have to aim for his registration to be completed within 6months, if not then we intend to exit him out of the UK until then.
Old Aug 26th 2020, 5:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

As per consultation with immigration lawyer, we can bring our son to the UK visa on arrival as he is a New Zealand passport holder. Then we can register him as British citizen under section 3(2) of the British Nationality Act 1981. We just have to aim for his registration to be completed within 6months, if not then we intend to exit him out of the UK until then.
Then your son will enter as a visitor - he will not be eligible for the NHS, so I suggest you organise some medical insurance cover for him for the first 6 months.
Old Aug 26th 2020, 11:03 pm
Forum Regular

Yes we intend to do that, thanks for the heads up. I guess I only paid for my ihs although I still included him as a dependent on my application.
Old Aug 27th 2020, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Then your son will enter as a visitor - he will not be eligible for the NHS, so I suggest you organise some medical insurance cover for him for the first 6 months.
Do we need to organise this for him before we enter the UK? Or we can organise while were in the UK already?
Old Aug 27th 2020, 5:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Do we need to organise this for him before we enter the UK? Or we can organise while were in the UK already?
Doubt whether you'll be able to do so outside of UK.