Family of a settled person application with child

Old Feb 20th 2020, 4:23 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family of a settled person application with child

Originally Posted by Nnohaj
Hi guys, is it possible for my toddler son with NZ passport to get in the UK visa on arrival and then apply to register british citizenship?
Potentially he could be given leave to enter as a visitor for six months and you apply immediately for his registration as a British citizen under S.3(2) and hope his citizenship comes through in time but it’s not an ideal solution. It’s certainly going to be picked up on by the Immigration Officer at the border and they would be within their rights to refuse your son entry.
Old Feb 26th 2020, 3:19 am
Forum Regular

Nnohaj is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Brit in Paris.
But my confusion now is about the requirements of my spouse visa applications which is bank statements, I believe my husband received his last 6 months bank statements (Lloyds) by post. So I assume they are originals. But of course he sent them to my email so I can print them and submit here in Manila. Is that okay or still needs to be stamped and signed??
Old Feb 26th 2020, 9:23 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

You should provide scans of the originals. You or your husband can upload them to your application but if you will be getting your documents scanned at the VAC then your husband should post any originals to you for you to take to your appointment.
Old Feb 26th 2020, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

Oh no, this is what I was scared of. My plan is to have VFS scan the docs for me..
What if he sends me scanned copies of his bank statements with stamp? Will that work?
Also about the land registry document of his parents? Its dated 2014 is that alright?
Old Feb 27th 2020, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

Hi Brit in Paris, also is it okay if he sends them to me by courier? Including other original documents from him I need? Do I need his original passport too? So confused about this. Thank you for helping me out.
Old Feb 27th 2020, 6:13 pm

I would have your husband send any originals he holds to you by courier if you’re not scanning and uploading them yourselves. He only needs to send a certified copy of his passport however.

Without seeing the Land Registry document I can’t give you a definitive answer but ordering a new copy wouldn’t hurt.
Old Feb 27th 2020, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

Hi BIP, how can he certify his passport? Do you know how long is the process of it?
It’s a Title deed/land registry document I have dated 2014 when his parent bought the property (no mortgage), will that be alright?
Old Mar 1st 2020, 9:54 pm

Hi BIP, how can he certify his passport? Do you know how long is the process of it?
It’s a Title deed/land registry document I have dated 2014 when his parent bought the property (no mortgage), will that be alright?
The Post Office offers a certification service. The title deed will need to accompanied by a signed letter from his parents confirming there is sufficient space and you can stay there indefinitely if necessary. I would also include certified copies of their passports as proof of ID/signature.
Old Mar 3rd 2020, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

Ok will ask him to certify his passport. Thanks BritinParis and everyone who gave their answers regarding my queries. I’ll just wait for his original documents by courier and then I’ll apply for my spouse visa. Will update you soon.
Old Mar 3rd 2020, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

Another question pls guys..husband just went to lloyds bank and they printed out his statements and stamped only the first page. They said that’s what they provide for visa application and it’s fine. I am so worried about this. Will that be acceptable? Anybody who submitted the same?
Old Mar 3rd 2020, 6:25 pm

Another question pls guys..husband just went to lloyds bank and they printed out his statements and stamped only the first page. They said that’s what they provide for visa application and it’s fine. I am so worried about this. Will that be acceptable? Anybody who submitted the same?
The guidance says they should stamp every page for electronic statements but the waters are a bit more muddied these days as the bank print offs often resemble the statements you receive in the post and they are scanned anyway.
Old Mar 7th 2020, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

Husband got the stamps from a different branch! Now I collected facebook screenshots of our relationship from 2011 to 2020 and it came to 148 photos! Is that too much???
Old Mar 7th 2020, 11:21 am

Husband got the stamps from a different branch! Now I collected facebook screenshots of our relationship from 2011 to 2020 and it came to 148 photos! Is that too much???
Way too many. 12-24 spread out over the course of the relationship is fine.
Old Mar 7th 2020, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

Ok noted BiP thank you! I’ll choose 12-24 photos from 2011 to 2020 and put 2 photos each on A4 paper.
Old Aug 26th 2020, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

Update: My Spouse Visa got approved! Thank you everyone for the info and advice. Especially Brit in Paris for your helpful replies to my neverending questions. Happy and grateful. All the best to everyone awaiting decision on their applications! Cheers!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.