Family of a settled person application with child

Old Jan 25th 2020, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

Nnohaj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Family of a settled person application with child

Good day,
I am in the Philippine and will apply for a UK family of a settled person visa with child. I am a Philippine citizen married to a British by descent. My husband is already in the UK. We have a 1 year and 4 months old son with a New Zealand passport who will apply with me. Do I need to apply for our visas separately? Thank you.
Old Jan 25th 2020, 1:09 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family of a settled person application with child

Did your husband live in the UK for at least three consecutive years before your son was born?
Old Jan 25th 2020, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

My husband studied in the UK and finished his degree in Nottingham University year 2010. Will that count?
Old Jan 25th 2020, 9:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

What is he doing in the UK currently? Working? How long has he been there?

Found the following from earlier post by OP

Hi, my mother in law found an article about section 3(2) if I give birth outside the UK. (Brit in Paris helped me last time with section 3(5).) My husband is British by descent, I’m Filipina. Husband lived in UK for 10 yrs during his primary, secondary and uni, then left UK to work in Middle East until now. We got married in UK last 2016 if it helps. Considering these info, do you think we can register our child as British Citizen if I give birth here in Dubai or Philippines? Thanks a lot.

Last edited by SanDiegogirl; Jan 25th 2020 at 9:44 pm.
Old Jan 25th 2020, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

Hi yes I believe that’s me who posted that before. My husband has moved back to the UK 2 weeks ago and he’s currently looking for a job. For my family of a settled person visa, we’ll be using the savings route. I am just confused in the online application if I should make another separate application for my son who has NZ passport? Or do I only include him in the application? Or do I just bring him in the UK with me because he can do visa on arrival?
Old Jan 25th 2020, 11:38 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nnohaj
Hi yes I believe that’s me who posted that before. My husband has moved back to the UK 2 weeks ago and he’s currently looking for a job. For my family of a settled person visa, we’ll be using the savings route. I am just confused in the online application if I should make another separate application for my son who has NZ passport? Or do I only include him in the application? Or do I just bring him in the UK with me because he can do visa on arrival?
Normally you would need to apply separately. If there's no option to add your son to your application then that's what you should do.
Old Jan 25th 2020, 11:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Where were your children born? UK/NZ/Dubai/Phillipines?

What passports do they have?

Last edited by SanDiegogirl; Jan 25th 2020 at 11:49 pm.
Old Jan 26th 2020, 1:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Where were your children born? UK/NZ/Dubai/Phillipines?

What passports do they have?
He has NZ passport.
Old Feb 11th 2020, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

Hi guys can I apply for a spouse visa and then just bring my son with NZ passport to the UK with me? Thanks.
Old Feb 11th 2020, 12:42 pm

Hi guys can I apply for a spouse visa and then just bring my son with NZ passport to the UK with me? Thanks.
No, he’ll need a child visa or a British passport.
Old Feb 11th 2020, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

Do you know about the rule that a child can only apply for child visa if he is a resident of the country for more than 6 months or he’s applying from the country where he is a citizen?
Old Feb 11th 2020, 8:00 pm

The application will need to be lodged in a country where your son is a legal resident.
Old Feb 20th 2020, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

Hi guys, is it possible for my toddler son with NZ passport to get in the UK visa on arrival and then apply to register british citizenship?
Old Feb 20th 2020, 1:53 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys, is it possible for my toddler son with NZ passport to get in the UK visa on arrival and then apply to register british citizenship?
Hi Nnohaj, Brit in Paris has already answered this question for you, see below.

Originally Posted by BritInParis
No, he’ll need a child visa or a British passport.
Old Feb 20th 2020, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

Ok thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.