Family Router - "When did you child first enter the UK"

Old Sep 9th 2020, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

YXY1984 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Family Router - "When did you child first enter the UK"

I am from Singapore, husband is British citizen.

My daughter was born in Singapore in April 2014 and we were living in Singapore then. She is a British citizen

She moved to the UK in Sept 2017 to live but prior to that she has visited the UK for holiday eg in Dec 2014.

What is the correct answer to this question? "When did you child first enter the UK"?

is it Dec 2014 or Sept 2017?

Sorry if it a silly qn - just really need to get everything right. Thank you!
Old Sep 9th 2020, 8:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family Router - "When did you child first enter the UK"

Originally Posted by YXY1984
I am from Singapore, husband is British citizen.

My daughter was born in Singapore in April 2014 and we were living in Singapore then. She is a British citizen

She moved to the UK in Sept 2017 to live but prior to that she has visited the UK for holiday eg in Dec 2014.

What is the correct answer to this question? "When did you child first enter the UK"?

is it Dec 2014 or Sept 2017?

Sorry if it a silly qn - just really need to get everything right. Thank you!
Is your child applying for a visa? Why is the question being asked?
Old Sep 9th 2020, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

No my child is not applying for a visa.

In the form - there is category "non applying children"

It first asks "Do you have any children of 18 years old or under?" Ans is Yes

Are all of your children applying with you on this application" Ans is No. Because they are British citizens.

And then the form goes on to ask about my children and one of the qn is "When did you child first enter the UK"
Old Sep 9th 2020, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

sorry I would add that I'm applying for the extension (already did 2.5 years in the UK)

thanks.
Old Sep 9th 2020, 10:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YXY1984
sorry I would add that I'm applying for the extension (already did 2.5 years in the UK)

thanks.
Sept 2017 ......
Old Sep 9th 2020, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Sept 2017 ......
not sure I follow?

I applied for spousal visa back in 2017 so now I’m up for renewal / extension.
Old Sep 9th 2020, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

Ah sorry, brain is so fried!

Thanks for your reply.
Old Sep 9th 2020, 11:06 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I would go with December 2014

The question is daft under your circumstances, but it is quite clear "When did you child first enter the UK"? And without further clarification that is clearly December 2014, based on what you have told us.

If they had meant to ask when you child first entered the UK to live (in the UK) then the answer would be dfferent, but that isn't the question asked.
Old Sep 10th 2020, 1:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Personally I would go with December 2014

The question is daft under your circumstances, but it is quite clear "When did you child first enter the UK"? And without further clarification that is clearly December 2014, based on what you have told us.

If they had meant to ask when you child first entered the UK to live (in the UK) then the answer would be dfferent, but that isn't the question asked.
Have to agree to disagree on this one...... someone else chime in?

Old Sep 10th 2020, 2:06 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Have to agree to disagree on this one...... someone else chime in?
I’m afraid I would have to agree with Pulaski on this one.
Old Sep 10th 2020, 5:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BritInParis
I’m afraid I would have to agree with Pulaski on this one.

OK .... 2 against one....... Dec 2014 on a visit......
Old Sep 10th 2020, 6:00 am
Forum Regular

Thank you! Just to give full picture - here a screenshot of the question

I too thought was Sept 2017 but my husband was of the view that it should be Dec 2014 because of the next question. “how long has your child been in the UK” would be redundant if “when did your child first enter the UK” was Sept 2017 because both questions would have resulted in the same answer.

thank you very much for your views. We will go with Dec 2014.