Family Permit

Old Mar 16th 2017, 7:10 pm
Just Joined

Sid2017 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Family Permit

Hi
I would like some information related to family permit of my daughter. I am Belgium national living in uk. I applied visa for my wife and 27 years old daughter. My wife got visa but daughter got rejection stating that she is not financially dependent on you. Please help me how to deal this situation.
Old Mar 16th 2017, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

holly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family Permit

Originally Posted by Sid2017
Hi
I would like some information related to family permit of my daughter. I am Belgium national living in uk. I applied visa for my wife and 27 years old daughter. My wife got visa but daughter got rejection stating that she is not financially dependent on you. Please help me how to deal this situation.
More details needed. Is your daughter also your wife's daughter? Were you and your wife married to each other when your daughter was born?
Where was the daughter born? What citizenship does the daughter presently hold? Where is the daughter presently living? Was the daughter adopted by you and your wife or born to you both?
You queries can't be answered without the further information.
Old Mar 16th 2017, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by holly_1948
More details needed. Is your daughter also your wife's daughter? Were you and your wife married to each other when your daughter was born?
Where was the daughter born? What citizenship does the daughter presently hold? Where is the daughter presently living? Was the daughter adopted by you and your wife or born to you both?
You queries can't be answered without the further information.
My daughter was born by our relationship with my wife and she was living with my wife in the same house in my home country Pakistan. She wasn't adopted. She living in Pakistan and holding that nationality.

Last edited by Sid2017; Mar 16th 2017 at 9:14 pm.
Old Mar 16th 2017, 9:29 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter was born by our relationship with my wife and she was living with my wife in the same house in my home country Pakistan. She wasn't adopted. She living in Pakistan and holding that nationality.
Does she hold citizenship of any other country like Belgium? if not then, if it's possible for her to become a Belgian citizen because you are her father then you should do that otherwise she can't get a family permit because she is not dependent on you.
Old Mar 16th 2017, 10:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Does she hold citizenship of any other country like Belgium? if not then, if it's possible for her to become a Belgian citizen because you are her father then you should do that otherwise she can't get a family permit because she is not dependent on you.
How can I prove dependency as she doesn't work. I used to send money there.
Old Mar 16th 2017, 10:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Even if she obtains Belgian citizenship that will not guarantee an EU Family permit for her - she'll only get this if the father can prove the daughter is fully dependent on him

Why would a 27 year old daughter be fully dependent on her father?

Her not working is not a case of dependency.
Old Mar 17th 2017, 1:52 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Even if she obtains Belgian citizenship that will not guarantee an EU Family permit for her - she'll only get this if the father can prove the daughter is fully dependent on him

Why would a 27 year old daughter be fully dependent on her father?

Her not working is not a case of dependency.

She doesn't hold anyother nationality. Although she is 27 years old but she is dependent on me. I have been sending money to my wife and she spent on her basic needs,education etc as she is our daughter. Now my wife is here but daughter is living alone there.What if I send money on her name to show dependency??
Old Mar 17th 2017, 1:55 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Unless your daughter can claim Belgian citizenship or can show she is FULLY dependant on you then it seems she has no chance of joining you since she is classed as an independent adult and would need to apply for her own visa which she is unlikely to obtain. Fully dependant definition changed back in 2015 - see this document https://www.freemovement.org.uk/out-with-the-old/
Old Mar 17th 2017, 5:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
The EEA Family Permit is available to children up to the age of 21. Why your daughter did not managed to get Belgium nationality?
Old Mar 19th 2017, 2:16 am
Forum Regular

inggris is an unknown quantity at this point

She doesn't hold anyother nationality. Although she is 27 years old but she is dependent on me. I have been sending money to my wife and she spent on her basic needs,education etc as she is our daughter. Now my wife is here but daughter is living alone there.What if I send money on her name to show dependency??
Did you obtain Belgian citizenship before your child was born?