Family to be deported from UK

Old Dec 18th 2014, 5:48 am
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family to be deported from UK

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
I didn't miss anything. Nothing is happening to the Brit, it is happening to the Brit's spouse. By the very definition, a Brit cannot be illegal in Britain.

Jumping up and down and throwing toys out of the pram doesn't get things done, doing constructive things does.

To use your vernacular, I've said it before and I will damn well say it again. With the exception of genuine refugees, if you bring your family to a country without the appropriate visas, knowing you are putting them in danger of separation and/or extreme stress, you're wreckless, at best.
He obviously knew the dangers, but the flaw of the system too...

he was very wreckless to say the least totally agree.

I wouldn't even dream to do that because risk is tooo high it's disgusting though that we do get 1000000+ of illegals who come here and are allowed to stay though. (even you must think that is wrong)
Old Dec 18th 2014, 5:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vexcore
He obviously knew the dangers, but the flaw of the system too...

he was very wreckless to say the least totally agree.

I wouldn't even dream to do that because risk is tooo high it's disgusting though that we do get 1000000+ of illegals who come here and are allowed to stay though. (even you must think that is wrong)

I do think it's wrong absolutely. But I wouldn't use my family's future as a way to prove a point against the system. I would do everything I needed to in order to be legal and settled here, and then if so inclined, I would campaign against the harshness of the rules then.

I personally would never roll the dice like that, but some will I guess.
Old Dec 18th 2014, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

bobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond repute

Having the right visa is one thing, I can understand hoops have to be jumped through and there has to be strict policies. But having the additional burden of proving you have a specific income or savings IS discrimination. If the non uk citizen is signing declarations they they will not be entitled to UK benefits etc etc, is that not enough?

Is it possible that a non uk citizens extended family may be able to provide adequate financial income and support that equals or exceeds the current limits that is placed on the spouse acting alone? but thats not taken into account.

What would be interesting is if other countries followed this example and discriminated against Brits moving to their spouses country. Imagine the consequences!!

What would happen if the US/Australia and Canada followed the same rules? Under the current circumstances I think they have every right to place the same demands on British spouses.

Last edited by bobbyleo; Dec 18th 2014 at 10:37 am.
Old Dec 18th 2014, 11:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

I have seen an unsubstantiated report that the £18,600 income requirement is to be INCREASED to £35,000 from April 2016. I cannot find any confirmation of this anywhere online.
Old Dec 18th 2014, 1:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

BBC News - Immigrants 'have to earn £35,000' to settle - from 2016

Not sure if it applies to spouses of UKC's.
Old Dec 18th 2014, 1:58 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by michali
Probably not, it's aimed at the salary of non-European immigrants not returning British expats.

Having said that, who can predict what they'll cook up next to keep undesirables like me out
Old Dec 18th 2014, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond repute

Given that this story was from 2012 ( 29 February 2012 Last updated at 14:51 ), I doubt it's now relevant.
Old Dec 18th 2014, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Probably not, it's aimed at the salary of non-European immigrants not returning British expats.

Having said that, who can predict what they'll cook up next to keep undesirables like me out
And us at renewal!!
Old Dec 18th 2014, 2:50 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vadio
Given that this story was from 2012 ( 29 February 2012 Last updated at 14:51 ), I doubt it's now relevant.
Oh!! I read the article but didn't notice the date - sorry about that
Old Dec 18th 2014, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Vadio
Sorry, did not notice that!
Old Dec 18th 2014, 2:52 pm
Concierge

Sorry, did not notice that!
Snap, Michali! I think the 'snap' was the sound of our brains exploding
Old Dec 18th 2014, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Probably!
Old Dec 18th 2014, 2:53 pm
Concierge

And us at renewal!!
Nah, you'll be right now girl, there will undoubtedly be changes over the coming years but I can't imagine they'd make them retrospective. I hope you've both settled in well and are happy
Old Dec 18th 2014, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

We are indeed, thanks! Hope you have a great Christmas!
Old Dec 18th 2014, 3:21 pm
Concierge

We are indeed, thanks! Hope you have a great Christmas!
Lovely to hear Merry Christmas to you and your husband, Michali!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.