Family to be deported from UK

Old Dec 14th 2014, 2:10 pm
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family to be deported from UK

Just for clarification, the couple in the article isn't asking for money.

Also for clarification, under the current rules the foreign born spouse has to apply TWO more times after entry before permanent settlement is granted.

One might think it cheeky for this couple to try and skirt the rules. But why? Just because some people are able to meet the requirements, does that make the requirements just? If you think the requirements are unfair, how else are they to change unless those who fall short of the requirements challenge them? The sitting government certainly isn't going to change the rules.

When it comes to immigration, I have gotten over caring if someone can get something I can't/didn't just because they use a different path than I did. At the end of the day if that person ends up "legal" and happy in the land they wish to settle in, good for them. The couple in this article tried to legalize the husband's status. He didn't opt to try and live illegally for years in the UK. IMO, this is what the justice system is for. And is why Justice wears a blindfold while holding the scales.
Old Dec 14th 2014, 2:12 pm
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chaoclive
The average salary is Belfast (and other parts of NI) is substantially lower than the rest of the UK: Northern Ireland's average pay packet is £8,000 lighter than one earned in the Republic - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk. :thumb down:

If you read the content of the link, you will find a bit of info about the difference between incomes in NI and GB.
I've learned that NI is not included in any statistics regarding the financial requirments. Even advocacy groups do not poll the North when gathering figures for families that wouldn't qualify under the current requirements. Only the mainland is included in the 43 percent figure.
Old Dec 14th 2014, 2:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

chaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nice

Originally Posted by rebeccajo
I've learned that NI is not included in any statistics regarding the financial requirments. Even advocacy groups do not poll the North when gathering figures for families that wouldn't qualify under the current requirements. Only the mainland is included in the 43 percent figure.
Oh....that's interesting! If they want to add weight to their argument, it would be a good idea to include NI then!
Old Dec 14th 2014, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Also for clarification, under the current rules the foreign born spouse has to apply TWO more times after entry before permanent settlement is granted.

One might think it cheeky for this couple to try and skirt the rules. But why? Just because some people are able to meet the requirements, does that make the requirements just? If you think the requirements are unfair, how else are they to change unless those who fall short of the requirements challenge them? The sitting government certainly isn't going to change the rules.

When it comes to immigration, I have gotten over caring if someone can get something I can't/didn't just because they use a different path than I did. At the end of the day if that person ends up "legal" and happy in the land they wish to settle in, good for them. The couple in this article tried to legalize the husband's status. He didn't opt to try and live illegally for years in the UK. IMO, this is what the justice system is for. And is why Justice wears a blindfold while holding the scales.
Don't agree at all. I can't afford an Aston Martin, but by using your logic I just break the law, steal one and then justify it by claiming I chose a 'different path'.
Old Dec 14th 2014, 2:51 pm
WhiteRabbit

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
Don't agree at all. I can't afford an Aston Martin, but by using your logic I just break the law, steal one and then justify it by claiming I chose a 'different path'.

I like your analogy of a very expensive British sports car as compared to the rules.
Old Dec 14th 2014, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond repute

Just as further clarification, the couple in the article ad the couple posting on UK-Yankee who WERE asking for 'donations' are different couples.
Old Dec 14th 2014, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
I agree with this and your earlier post. The rules should apply to everyone; I am no more 'special' than anyone else, nor are all the moaners who deliberately place themselves and their family into a bad situation and then cry 'foul'.

I personally am not aware of any country with a no-rules, open door policy w/r/t immigration. Why should the UK be the exception? Or the US (my country of birth) for that matter?
Old Dec 14th 2014, 3:10 pm
WhiteRabbit

Originally Posted by Vadio
I agree with this and your earlier post. The rules should apply to everyone; I am no more 'special' than anyone else, nor are all the moaners who deliberately place themselves and their family into a bad situation and then cry 'foul'.

I personally am not aware of any country with a no-rules, open door policy w/r/t immigration. Why should the UK be the exception? Or the US (my country of birth) for that matter?
Of course the rules should apply to everyone.

But the rules (in every country) are always open to legal challenge. Or at least they are in democracies.
Old Dec 14th 2014, 3:11 pm
WhiteRabbit

Originally Posted by Vadio
Just as further clarification, the couple in the article ad the couple posting on UK-Yankee who WERE asking for 'donations' are different couples.
Yes?
Old Dec 14th 2014, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes; the UK-Yankee poster was from the US, not South Africa.
Old Dec 14th 2014, 4:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond repute

The article doesn't say if this family are even taking any benefits from the UK. Does anyone know? For the sake of £3k it doesn't seem worth the separation. I'm a bit sick of the "rules is rules" commentary on this thread. If they were sitting about on benefits I might agree, but it doesn't appear to be the case.
Old Dec 14th 2014, 4:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

"Obey the rules, but only if you are on benefits !"
Old Dec 14th 2014, 6:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs Danvers
The article doesn't say if this family are even taking any benefits from the UK. Does anyone know? For the sake of £3k it doesn't seem worth the separation. I'm a bit sick of the "rules is rules" commentary on this thread. If they were sitting about on benefits I might agree, but it doesn't appear to be the case.
Part of me says that. But part of me says that these people have no nexus with the UK. It is quite possible that none of them lived in the UK prior to this recent move. For example, we know that the child is not a British citizen, meaning that the mother was not born in the UK.

Having said that I have consistently believed that these income rules are unreasonable.
Old Dec 14th 2014, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Part of me says that. But part of me says that these people have no nexus with the UK. It is quite possible that none of them lived in the UK prior to this recent move. For example, we know that the child is not a British citizen, meaning that the mother was not born in the UK.

Having said that I have consistently believed that these income rules are unreasonable.
Maybe you're right and maybe I simply don't know that much about their particular case. I know that I sponsered a spouse back in the nineties on somewhere between £13 and £15k and I couldn't support us both on that wage but within three weeks of being in the UK he secured a job. We never took public funds and that's not what I see this family doing either. That is allegedly what this law is about. Taking public funds.
Old Dec 14th 2014, 11:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond repute

Now that the rules are in place and have become law we should abide but I do think the main problem is with the influx of newer EU citizens flocking into the UK at such a fast rate that the public services are squeezed. I think that should be the focus now that the non EU immigrants laws are in place.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.