Extreme Delay for Spouse Visa

Old Feb 25th 2019, 1:23 am
Just Joined

acd214 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Extreme Delay for Spouse Visa

The last time I was here I was told that I had a sense of entitlement, because I thought that the people moderating always came down on the side of the UKVI so let me give my timeline again and see what others think
Spouse Settlement Visa
Priority /None priority -None priority
Application Submitted 30th October 2017
Biometrics Done 30th October 2017
Application Prepared by ECO 7th November 2017
Non-straightforward Email 23 January 2018
Timeline Given 60 Working Days or 12 Working Weeks
I am now on 335 Working Days or 67 Working weeks with no return of Documents, no Decision and no Communication from the UKVI. Am I right to be angry or am I acting with a sense of entitlement
Old Feb 25th 2019, 1:29 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Extreme Delay for Spouse Visa

Without knowing anything about your circumstances it’s impossible to say.
Old Feb 25th 2019, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

Nora_ is an unknown quantity at this point

I personally believe whatever is the circumstances, your shouldn't be waiting for that long without any information.

There is a difference when other countries say that it will be decided in 1 year, then it's fine, but saying 12 weeks, and making someone wait for 67 weeks I think is not a considerate move.
Old Feb 25th 2019, 9:39 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by acd214
The last time I was here I was told that I had a sense of entitlement, because I thought that the people moderating always came down on the side of the UKVI
Not sure what the moderating team have to do with anything, it wasn't a mod that told you you had a sense of entitlement? But mods are entitled to their opinions, just like any other forum member.

You'll need to give more info for people to give you their opinions i.e. which country you're applying from, any complicated circumstances, etc. It does sound like a lengthy processing time, but presumably there is a reason for it?
Old Feb 26th 2019, 12:59 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Not sure what the moderating team have to do with anything, it wasn't a mod that told you you had a sense of entitlement? But mods are entitled to their opinions, just like any other forum member.

You'll need to give more info for people to give you their opinions i.e. which country you're applying from, any complicated circumstances, etc. It does sound like a lengthy processing time, but presumably there is a reason for it?
I am applying fromJamaica and if the UKVI has found something complicated it would be nice if they communicated that. But separately is it ok for the UKVI to take any amount of time as long as they say they have a reason
Old Feb 26th 2019, 10:24 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

But separately is it ok for the UKVI to take any amount of time as long as they say they have a reason
Personally, I think so. I know it's tough when it's your application, but I'd rather they did all checks necessary before granting visas, even if it does take longer.

BritinParis will be able to give you a more precise answer thanks to his amazing knowledge/experience, but maybe Jamaica aren't getting info back quickly re: background checks - that chilled out Caribbean vibe I guess!

Which category are you applying under? Again, this may help BiP give you possible reasons for any delay (although I'm guessing here).

Good luck, hope you hear soon.
Old Feb 26th 2019, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

Bingbing25 will become famous soon enoughBingbing25 will become famous soon enough

I agree that some communication would have been a reasonable thing to do as to what the lengthy delay concerns. Perhaps you can email them and they'll tell you what is happening. However, you would have to tell people what complications might be involved in the application if you want more precise advice.
Old Feb 27th 2019, 7:35 am
Just Joined

Personally, I think so. I know it's tough when it's your application, but I'd rather they did all checks necessary before granting visas, even if it does take longer.

BritinParis will be able to give you a more precise answer thanks to his amazing knowledge/experience, but maybe Jamaica aren't getting info back quickly re: background checks - that chilled out Caribbean vibe I guess!

Which category are you applying under? Again, this may help BiP give you possible reasons for any delay (although I'm guessing here).

Good luck, hope you hear soon.
I am applying for a spouse settlement visa and I don't think it is Jamaica dragging there feet but what do I know like I said some communication would help. I thank you for trying to get me information but trust me if there was some avenue I could go down to help I would have found it, if you notice I have never asked for information about my application or said I have called the for profit call centre. I have seen on here people get decision after nearly a year on financial and other issues that under no circumstances should take that long
Old Feb 27th 2019, 8:10 am
SUPER MODERATOR

I have seen on here people get decision after nearly a year on financial and other issues that under no circumstances should take that long
I've worked in immigration a long time, not for the UK but for Canada, but still I assume it's a similar process across most countries. So I would guess that you can't possibly know that those applications shouldn't have taken that long, as you don't know what's going on behind the scenes or what background checks are being done. It could be something as simple as a family member having a criminal record that you're not aware of. Or perhaps a name being shared with a suspected terrorist. Or visits to suspicious countries that need to be checked out. Etc, etc. Even if an application seems straightforward, often it's not and extra checks need to be done for any number of reasons.

You've still not said which category you're applying under (employed, self-employed etc), it may just help our forum pros such as BiP be able to help you figure out what's going on if you can give more info about your employment and the evidence you provided etc.

Good luck.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Feb 27th 2019 at 8:15 am.
Old Feb 27th 2019, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

bookerw100 is an unknown quantity at this point

The last time I was here I was told that I had a sense of entitlement, because I thought that the people moderating always came down on the side of the UKVI so let me give my timeline again and see what others think
Spouse Settlement Visa
Priority /None priority -None priority
Application Submitted 30th October 2017
Biometrics Done 30th October 2017
Application Prepared by ECO 7th November 2017
Non-straightforward Email 23 January 2018
Timeline Given 60 Working Days or 12 Working Weeks
I am now on 335 Working Days or 67 Working weeks with no return of Documents, no Decision and no Communication from the UKVI. Am I right to be angry or am I acting with a sense of entitlement
I can’t imagine how nerve wrecking it must have been so far. I really hope you hear soon
Old Mar 11th 2019, 12:38 am
Just Joined

iamspartacus541 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've worked in immigration a long time, not for the UK but for Canada, but still I assume it's a similar process across most countries. So I would guess that you can't possibly know that those applications shouldn't have taken that long, as you don't know what's going on behind the scenes or what background checks are being done. It could be something as simple as a family member having a criminal record that you're not aware of. Or perhaps a name being shared with a suspected terrorist. Or visits to suspicious countries that need to be checked out. Etc, etc. Even if an application seems straightforward, often it's not and extra checks need to be done for any number of reasons.

You've still not said which category you're applying under (employed, self-employed etc), it may just help our forum pros such as BiP be able to help you figure out what's going on if you can give more info about your employment and the evidence you provided etc.

Good luck.
Christmasoompa - when they do background checks in country of origin do they require assistance / cooperation of ministries from that country? I ask as my wife is Syrian but applied from United States while on a J-1 visa there. We applied priority and it's not 96 working days. Due to the war situation that could make it difficult to obtain the info they need if they require cooperation of Syrian ministries. UK currently has no consular services in Syria so I don't know how they go about obtaining info.