Extend Spouse visa after 5 years (NOT ILR)

Old Mar 17th 2021, 11:56 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Extend Spouse visa after 5 years (NOT ILR)

You can start filling in the form earlier but it’s a good idea not to submit it until you are within 28 days of the current visa’s expiry date.
Old Mar 17th 2021, 4:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Merci Beaucoup
Old Apr 5th 2021, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Am struggling to find the gov link for starting our application for ILR. We have done 5yrs now. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old Apr 5th 2021, 2:01 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
Am struggling to find the gov link for starting our application for ILR. We have done 5yrs now. Thanks in advance for any help.
https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk
Old Apr 5th 2021, 2:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Many thanks
Old Apr 6th 2021, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Started completing on-line application to extend my wife's visa from 5yrs and they ask for Life in the UK Test as well as a B1 Eng Lang test. We thought the Life in the UK Test was only for UK citizenship. Does that mean we cannot get the ILR but must instead extend her FLR another 2.5yrs? We are confused. Why don't they write and tell us what we need to do? Moved to the Finance section and they say we need annual income of £18,600 and yet we were going with the £62,500 savings route. Are we completing the wrong form perhaps?

Last edited by mentalist; Apr 6th 2021 at 10:35 am.
Old Apr 6th 2021, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

So how do we apply for another FLR given that we lack the annual income required for ILR?
Old Apr 6th 2021, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

Policy reader is an unknown quantity at this point

Started completing on-line application to extend my wife's visa from 5yrs and they ask for Life in the UK Test as well as a B1 Eng Lang test. We thought the Life in the UK Test was only for UK citizenship. Does that mean we cannot get the ILR but must instead extend her FLR another 2.5yrs? We are confused. Why don't they write and tell us what we need to do? Moved to the Finance section and they say we need annual income of £18,600 and yet we were going with the £62,500 savings route. Are we completing the wrong form perhaps?
If you have sufficient cash savings then you don't need the Annual income of £18600 despite the online application form insists on it. Bizarrely, it is very surprising that you never ever noticed that life in uk test and B1 is needed for ILR too. In my opinion, just apply another FLRM before visa expiry and then trying in passing the both tests as quickly as possible and if by miracle by then your FLRM won't be decided then can vary into SET M. In doing so, most likely your FLRM fee would be refunded whilst fulfilling the all necessary requirements for settlement.
Old Apr 6th 2021, 1:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

We asked on here about English Language tests and were told that B1 was suitable for our extended visa. We assumed that the cultural test was for citizenship only. Quite frankly I doubt that my wife would ever pass the Life in UK test. How is she supposed to know who built the Tower of London or when St Georges Day is? We will therefore proceed with another FLR instead. My question now is how do we actually do that? Maybe we simply complete the ILR form and state that we don't have the Life in UK Test, if the form lets us do that. Likewise for the cash savings. My wife met a lady at the language test centre who has been in the UK for 20 years without getting ILR.
Old Apr 6th 2021, 1:46 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

We asked on here about English Language tests and were told that B1 was suitable for our extended visa. We assumed that the cultural test was for citizenship only. Quite frankly I doubt that my wife would ever pass the Life in UK test. How is she supposed to know who built the Tower of London or when St Georges Day is? We will therefore proceed with another FLR instead. My question now is how do we actually do that? Maybe we simply complete the ILR form and state that we don't have the Life in UK Test, if the form lets us do that. Likewise for the cash savings. My wife met a lady at the language test centre who has been in the UK for 20 years without getting ILR.
I strongly suggest that you wait for Brit in Paris' input before deciding to apply for another FLR instead of ILR. You still have 5 weeks before your wife's FLR visa expires and can apply any time before that, even the day before.

Re the Life in the UK test, applicants are only tested on information contained in the official handbook, which is available through this government link
https://www.gov.uk/life-in-the-uk-test
Old Apr 6th 2021, 3:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

If you research the Life in UK test you will see that the likely questions you can be asked AND their answers are all in the official handbook you receive with the information pack.
Frankly, your wife should know something about British history if living in the country.
Old Apr 6th 2021, 3:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

You don't need income of 18,600GBP if you have the savings route i.e 62,500GBP.
Old Apr 6th 2021, 3:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Your wife would have to study, same as everybody else. My daughter’s studying for her driving test at the mo, obviously she had no idea what all the road signs or stopping distances were to start with, but she does now. Same principle for your wife, nobody expects her to just know these things, but that’s why she can revise the exact questions she’ll be asked.

I can’t comprehend why anybody would spend 20 years in the UK without getting ILR and/or citizenship. I’d want the security of ILR/citizenship but more importantly I’d want to save that money! It will have cost that woman a fortune over the years, what a waste.
Old Apr 6th 2021, 5:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

But she only has a few weeks before her current visa expires and cannot study. Maybe she can take the Life Test the next time around. As for the questions, many British citizens cannot answer all of the questions. I have a Masters Degree and only got 20/24 in a sample test, but I appreciate that rules must be obeyed. As for the FLR route, I still have no idea which form has to be completed. The one we are currently doing is for ILR presumably because she has been here five years. This is very stressful.
Old Apr 6th 2021, 6:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

But she only has a few weeks before her current visa expires and cannot study.
She doesn't need much time, just a quick flick through the booklet before going to sleep each night would do it, and there are free online practice tests you can do online too. It's not something she needs to study for months for.

If you're struggling with the application, then would hiring a good immi consultant be possible, to make it less stressful for you maybe?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.