British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   Extend/change Vignette Settlement visa to a later date (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/extend-change-vignette-settlement-visa-later-date-918149/)

boingboing Oct 10th 2018 1:10 am

Extend/change Vignette Settlement visa to a later date

Hi,

We may need to extend the vignette visa validity date but simply cannot find anywhere to carry out this request.

This is what a forum member previously mentioned:

It's advised that YOU go back into the online application site where you originally applied for the visa

Select Other ---> others ----> vignette transfer

Complete the required info, pay the fee and send.

And that will apparently do the trick

Where on this site or the actual application do you find “Other”?

BritInParis Oct 10th 2018 1:45 am

Re: Extend/change Vignette Settlement visa to a later date

You’ll need to go to Visa4UK.fco.gov.uk, sign into your account and lodge a new application.

urbopoeisis Nov 24th 2018 4:42 pm

Does anyone know how long a vignette transfer takes?

I'm in the US and just received my spouse visa (it took 95 working days!!!). My window to travel to the UK runs from now until December 23rd. Unfortunately, my wife in the UK had gotten sick of waiting for the visa to come through, so booked a holiday to come join me in the US from December 14th until January 3rd. I'm concerned that if I mail back my passport to get a new vignette, it'll take too long to process and I won't be able to come back with her in January. Should we just cancel our holiday?

spouse of scouse Nov 24th 2018 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by urbopoeisis (Post 12598704)
Does anyone know how long a vignette transfer takes?

I'm in the US and just received my spouse visa (it took 95 working days!!!). My window to travel to the UK runs from now until December 23rd. Unfortunately, my wife in the UK had gotten sick of waiting for the visa to come through, so booked a holiday to come join me in the US from December 14th until January 3rd. I'm concerned that if I mail back my passport to get a new vignette, it'll take too long to process and I won't be able to come back with her in January. Should we just cancel our holiday?

I don't know how long the vignette transfer takes, but the gamble you'd be taking is that it's processed and returned to you within 6 weeks during the holiday period. If I were you I'd decide which is most acceptable to you both - the holiday with a chance that you won't have your passport back to be able to travel to the UK with your wife in January, or cancel the holiday so you are able to move to the UK immediately on receiving your passport back.

BritInParis Nov 25th 2018 10:18 pm

I would just cancel your wife's flights and head to the UK.

urbopoeisis Nov 27th 2018 4:24 am

In case anybody is looking for an answer to this, I called the visa helpline and they told me it could take "up to 15 business days, but probably less".

Technically, 15 business days would just about allow my wife and I to have our holiday has planned. But going to cancel it anyways. The settlement visa was supposed to take "up to 12 weeks, but probably less", and it took 19 weeks. Once bitten, twice shy.