Experience of renewing UK passport from overseas

Old Apr 10th 2015, 10:58 am
Just Joined

sade77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Experience of renewing UK passport from overseas

Timeline ( Renewal with name change) + Child's first passport
Declaration form printed
Passports sent:
Letter received:24/3/15 Asked to fill out a new form because "your appearance has changed significantly since the issue of your previous passport."
Also asked to get form and pictures countersigned.
Child's declaration form not signed so had to sign that page alone and send back.
Passport sent: 26/3/15
Passport delivered to Durham:31/3/15
Status changed: 3/4/15. Mine - Please contact us
Child - Processing Declaration form
Calls to office: 3/4/15, Tuesday, Wednesday and Today. Today I was told my passport has been printed. Child's countersignatory was sent a letter by 2nd class mail on 24th March. Following up with her today. Online status as of today:
Mine: Please contact us.
Soneclaration form being processed.

I have another passport and I leave on Wednesday, would be nice to get mine before I leave.
Old Apr 10th 2015, 3:09 pm
Just Joined

TanyaGr is an unknown quantity at this point

Dispatched

Your new passport has been printed and will be delivered shortly to the return address that you have given us.
Woo hoo I had a new status last night
Old Apr 11th 2015, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

PT1976 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JW1973
Update
Child First Passport Application from South Africa. Let's see how this goes

Application submitted online: 27.02.2015
Declaration form posted: 03.03.2015 (Postnet - DHL)
Form received at HMPO Durham: 05.03.2015
Online update to "processing": 06.03.2015
Passport dispatched: 26.03.2015
Passport received: 30.03.2015
Supporting documents received: 30.03.2015
Hi all

I am new to this forum. What documents did you use for your child under "Name and address and/or residency evidence"? Not sure what we can use as she has no real proof of address or official correspondence or school record and her "naming certificate" from a church dedication has no details on it other than her name. Her South African birth certificate also has no address on it.

Look forward to a reply.
Old Apr 13th 2015, 9:00 am
Just Joined

Kara ZA is an unknown quantity at this point

Photo IDs and proof of address for children??

Question from South Africa on the same topic, as my 8-year-old daughter does not have:

* "one document showing photo identity" (we have no such thing as this is her first passport; obviously no driving licence or photo ID for that age); and

* "one document as evidence of name and address and/or residency" (children don't tend to receive letters from the government, and school reports are delivered by hand).

Is this list really intended to refer to the CHILD or to the parent who completes the application? Desperate for help as we are about to miss the deadline and forfeit the fee.

Thanks
Old Apr 13th 2015, 10:34 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kara ZA
Photo IDs and proof of address for children??

Question from South Africa on the same topic, as my 8-year-old daughter does not have:

* "one document showing photo identity" (we have no such thing as this is her first passport; obviously no driving licence or photo ID for that age); and

* "one document as evidence of name and address and/or residency" (children don't tend to receive letters from the government, and school reports are delivered by hand).

Is this list really intended to refer to the CHILD or to the parent who completes the application? Desperate for help as we are about to miss the deadline and forfeit the fee.

Thanks
The identity documents requirement refers to the applicant so your daughter in this case. You say this is her first British passport - does she not hold a South African passport?
Old Apr 13th 2015, 10:54 am
Just Joined

Kara ZA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
The identity documents requirement refers to the applicant so your daughter in this case. You say this is her first British passport - does she not hold a South African passport?
Thanks for your reply.

No - she doesn't have a passport yet. I guess we could apply for one but that will take some time - probably longer than we have allowed ourselves to get this application finalised. Bother.
Old Apr 13th 2015, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

https://www.gov.uk/get-a-child-passport/apply-for-your-childs-first-passport

Read this for our kid first passport.
You don't have health care for our kid with a pic ? For adress the countersign will say they know you (that's is you kid) and u can go too the police and ask for a paper that our kids living in this adress.

Last edited by TanyaGr; Apr 13th 2015 at 6:57 pm. Reason: add new info
Old Apr 15th 2015, 7:37 am
Just Joined

New passport come today so I send too UK 30/3 they receive it 1/4.
And 15/4 delivered now waiting supporting documents
Old Apr 15th 2015, 7:58 am
Just Joined

sade77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Declaration form printed
Passports sent:
Letter received:24/3/15 Asked to fill out a new form because "your appearance has changed significantly since the issue of your previous passport."
Child's declaration form not signed so had to sign that page alone and send back.
Calls to office: 3/4/15, Tuesday, Wednesday and Today. Today I was told my passport has been printed. Child's countersignatory was sent a letter by 2nd class mail on 24th March. Following up with her today. Online status as of today:
Son: Declaration form being processed.
Passport printed: April 9
Passport received: April 14
Supporting documents received in a separate envelope but at the same time as passport.
Online status : Please contact us. - Do not trust the online status.
Old Apr 15th 2015, 11:57 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sade77
Declaration form printed
Passports sent:
Son: Declaration form being processed.
Passport printed: April 9
Passport received: April 14
Supporting documents received in a separate envelope but at the same time as passport.

Online status : Please contact us. - Do not trust the online status.
hope mine supporting documents come tomorrow cuz i want too book travel at 27/4
Old Apr 17th 2015, 2:15 pm
Just Joined

Ims44 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello I am new to this forum. At the moment I am very confused on how to renew my passport. I currently live in Khartoum, Sudan and would like to apply for a renewal of my (First) adult passport which expires in 2 months. What I do not get is do I have to apply at the embassy or would I be able to apply online?
Also I currently do not have proof of address but have a resident permit, would this be enough or would I have to prove my address?

Thanks
Old Apr 17th 2015, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ims44
Hello I am new to this forum. At the moment I am very confused on how to renew my passport. I currently live in Khartoum, Sudan and would like to apply for a renewal of my (First) adult passport which expires in 2 months. What I do not get is do I have to apply at the embassy or would I be able to apply online?
Also I currently do not have proof of address but have a resident permit, would this be enough or would I have to prove my address?

Thanks
https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports
this is the official online apply for renewal overseas.
I think that airlines don't alow too travel if passport expired in 6 months so u can to UK and renewal. I had same problem proof of adress with an expired passport 5 years. I live with my mother so I ask her to go to the police and ask for a paper that I live in this adress.(I put people to help me on this thank goodness I'm not homeless) As you passport expired soon my advice is go make any payment in you name. I have search this so much in final point I find out that if you can't prove adress they want you to apply why.

Last edited by TanyaGr; Apr 17th 2015 at 2:50 pm. Reason: mistake auto corrected
Old Apr 24th 2015, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

JW1973 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PT1976
Hi all

I am new to this forum. What documents did you use for your child under "Name and address and/or residency evidence"? Not sure what we can use as she has no real proof of address or official correspondence or school record and her "naming certificate" from a church dedication has no details on it other than her name. Her South African birth certificate also has no address on it.

Look forward to a reply.
Hi - sorry, I haven't been on here for a couple of weeks. I think the proof of address really refers to you, the applicant's parents, rather than your daughter. I sent a recent City of Johannesburg rates bill as well as a letter from SARS. In the interests of thoroughness, I included a couple of letters sent to us by the schools where we registered our son on the waiting list which mentioned him by name and included our address, but I think official correspondence showing your residence at the address should be perfectly acceptable. If you've chosen to get the passport and documents delivered to your work address, you will need to supply a letter from your employer, indicating their physical address and confirming your employment there. Anyway, you've probably already gone ahead and applied by now, so hang in there - it'll be quicker than you expect
Old Apr 24th 2015, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

JW1973 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kara ZA
Thanks for your reply.

No - she doesn't have a passport yet. I guess we could apply for one but that will take some time - probably longer than we have allowed ourselves to get this application finalised. Bother.
We applied for our son's first SA passport in December last year and it took something under two weeks to come through. Admittedly, applying involved two hours or so of queuing at Home Affairs (Wynberg/Alexandra, GP), but that was partly because we went during school holidays. Home Affairs probably won't get round to sending you the SMS they are supposed to send when the passport is ready for collection, so try calling them after 2 or so weeks quoting the reference number on the receipt you will get when you submit the application.
Basically DHA (when the system is not "offline" and they are not on strike) are a bit better and faster at some things than one might expect
Old Apr 24th 2015, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by TanyaGr
hope mine supporting documents come tomorrow cuz i want too book travel at 27/4
supporting documents come today 9 days after passport...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.