Evidence that we have met

Old Dec 15th 2013, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

Luxury_StarXX is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Evidence that we have met

I am currently in the U.S while my boyfriend is back in the U.K. I am pregnant with our baby and applying for a U.K fiance visa. The problem is the only proof that I have of us meeting each other is an itenirary from British Airways when I went to visit his sister we met through his sister in 2012, Skype logs while I am here pregnant, and a couple of emails while I am here, I also have the boarding passes but they're really dirty. I am gathering as much evidence as I can. I do not have pictures of us together when I was with him for a year and a half I know it's daft but he doesn't like taking photos. Should I explain that in my visa application or will the rest of the evidence be alright? Sarcastically saying having a baby together is more than enough evidence that we've met. I decided to voluntarily leave to the U.S and I want to come back with our baby on a fiance visa. I would appreciate any responses leaving out the criticism please. I do not have any evidence of the year and a half that we were together. Even though we were living together for a couple of months I do not have any of our utility bills with my name on it. Also i do not have any evidence of the months before him and I met as we meet while I was visiting his sister (my friend) in 2012. Should I explain all this on my fiance visa? I would like answers from anyone who has overstayed and applied for a fiance visa, how did you go about with the evidence? Thank you

Last edited by Luxury_StarXX; Dec 15th 2013 at 6:09 pm.
Old Dec 16th 2013, 5:34 pm
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Evidence that we have met

Not having any photos is quite a hurdle to overcome, given you have little other evidence to show you have met it may be very hard to get the visa. Whilst you say you are pregnant that does not show you have met your fiance it shows only that you are pregnant and sarcasm will not get you anywhere in an application.
Do you really have no photos together taken on a phone. Have you any events tickets that show you together. Did any friends have party's etc and they may have a photo of the two of you. Given the time you say you have been together the ECO would not find it credible that you have no evidence of this.
Any chance your fiance can come and visit you before your application and get some evidence of you together? Are you planning to apply after the birth you perhaps then show your child is your fiance's could he come and visit after the birth and before you travel? Sorry long shots but I think you really will have to think creatively.

From your post have you also overstayed in the UK? You will also need to explain this as it will cast doubt's on your other evidence

Last edited by pennylessinindia; Dec 16th 2013 at 5:39 pm.
Old Dec 16th 2013, 6:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by pennylessinindia
Not having any photos is quite a hurdle to overcome, given you have little other evidence to show you have met it may be very hard to get the visa. Whilst you say you are pregnant that does not show you have met your fiance it shows only that you are pregnant and sarcasm will not get you anywhere in an application.
Do you really have no photos together taken on a phone. Have you any events tickets that show you together. Did any friends have party's etc and they may have a photo of the two of you. Given the time you say you have been together the ECO would not find it credible that you have no evidence of this.
Any chance your fiance can come and visit you before your application and get some evidence of you together?
I was never going to put that we have a baby together sarcastically on my application. No we don't have any photos of us together we kept to ourselves being that I was not legal there at the time we didn't want anyone to know. We already had one of his friends threaten us because he felt like I was taking his best friend away so we didn't want anyone to know I was there, that made it hard for us to go out...if you live in England you should know how small the towns are and everyone finds out everything. I've tried getting him to take photos with me when we met but I took him for who he was and if he doesn't like taking photos I couldn't do anything about that. He doesn't have good self esteem also his rotating shift at work made it hard for us to find time to go out so we stayed in a lot watched movies and stuff always with our cat at home. I do have photos of myself in our flat and pictures of our cat, I have my past itinerary when I went over there. Guess we didn't find pictures that necessary since we were together. Can't they ask for an interview or something to prove our relationship is genuine? I just think it's ridiculous that my boyfriend won't ever be able to see or hold his little girl over something so dumb as taking photos together.Thank you for your response just that this immigration situation is out of control.

Last edited by Luxury_StarXX; Dec 16th 2013 at 6:19 pm.
Old Dec 16th 2013, 9:29 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Kill two birds with one stone and get him to return to the US when the baby. Take a photo of the three of you together and get him to acknowledge paternity of the child.
Old Dec 21st 2013, 9:13 am
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold

I am sorry but the rules clearly show that you must have met. As the previous poster says you may have to have your fiance over to see you then apply. Given you were not in the UK legally and do not have an evidence you have met it would be a waste of time/money applying until you can show evidence you have met.
Old Dec 21st 2013, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by pennylessinindia
I am sorry but the rules clearly show that you must have met. As the previous poster says you may have to have your fiance over to see you then apply. Given you were not in the UK legally and do not have an evidence you have met it would be a waste of time/money applying until you can show evidence you have met.
How do I not have prove cause we didn't take silly pictures together doesn't an itinerary count? How did I get pregnant over there just magically ? We're going to ask his cousin cause the answers I see here are not legit and we do have Skype records we talk everyday. Anyone can take a photo with their fiance and still have sham marriages it's ridiculous.
Old Dec 21st 2013, 3:23 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Luxury_StarXX
How do I not have prove cause we didn't take silly pictures together doesn't an itinerary count? How did I get pregnant over there just magically ? We're going to ask his cousin cause the answers I see here are not legit and we do have Skype records we talk everyday. Anyone can take a photo with their fiance and still have sham marriages it's ridiculous.
Read the internal guidance.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/po...set1/#header10
Old Dec 21st 2013, 3:33 pm
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone can create Skype records too.

Just how dirty are these boarding passes of yours anyway? They are certainly better evidence of meeting than Skype logs.

I'm not happy with the new UK immigration rules either, but just ranting about them doesn't do any good. You have to make a plan. Stop shooting yourself in the foot and get on with whatever that plan may be. What's stopping you from talking to this cousin? You haven't spoken to them since you last wrote on here?

Believe me I have every bit of empathy with your situation regarding the rules. But you seem to want this to be easy and you seem to want that because of your pregnancy. The Home Office has denied thousands of visas to couples since the rule change and many of those couples have children. Please realize that the government doesn't CARE if you are expecting. Get past that and maybe you can move forward successfully.
Old Dec 21st 2013, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by rebeccajo

Just how dirty are these boarding passes of yours anyway? They are certainly better evidence of meeting than Skype logs.

I'm not happy with the new UK immigration rules either, but just ranting about them doesn't do any good. You have to make a plan. Stop shooting yourself in the foot and get on with whatever that plan may be. What's stopping you from talking to this cousin? You haven't spoken to them since you last wrote on here?

Believe me I have every bit of empathy with your situation regarding the rules. But you seem to want this to be easy and you seem to want that because of your pregnancy. The Home Office has denied thousands of visas to couples since the rule change and many of those couples have children. Please realize that the government doesn't CARE if you are expecting. Get past that and maybe you can move forward successfully.

I have an itinerary it clearly states this.
Evidence of a face-to-face meeting might include a travel history, relevant email exchanges etc.
Old Dec 21st 2013, 3:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by rebeccajo

I have the boarding passes of when I went over there and when I left I have the itinerary of my flights from British airways when I went to Newcastle. I'm not expecting them to give a damn if I am pregnant but to at least be wise enough and use common sense. I'm not telling anyone to make exceptions for me solely. Only people who have children would understand the importance of having both their parents together only if they truly love each other not just doing it for the sake of the children. The boarding passes are readable though. There's nothing stopping me from talking to his cousin if I had a way of contacting her which I don't only my boyfriend does and he hasn't got around to since she doesn't live where he lives she lives in London he talks to his aunt who calls her to find out. I do have boarding passes of when I went over there and the boarding passes of when I came back which are clear as day except for the first 2 boarding passes.

Last edited by Luxury_StarXX; Dec 21st 2013 at 3:50 pm.
Old Dec 21st 2013, 3:39 pm
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute

I have the boarding passes of when I went over there and when I left I have the itinerary of my flights from British airways when I went to Newcastle.
If you have a boarding pass then you have good evidence of having met. Whether that is ENOUGH evidence depends on the strength of other stuff you put in your packet. A travel itinerary really isn't useful. Anyone can buy a ticket then not use it. A boarding pass shows you took the flight.

Familiarize yourself with what other successful applicants have done. It's the only way to move forward.