British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   Evidence Required to show "bona fide" marriage (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/evidence-required-show-bona-fide-marriage-932430/)

Viking2013 Apr 27th 2020 5:22 pm

Evidence Required to show "bona fide" marriage

Hi all,

I am looking for guidance on documents/ evidence to compile to show our marriage is bona fide. I am starting to compile this information during the lockdown in preparation for an application.

I am UK Citizen, wife is US Citizen. Married 7 years (all in USA). 2 children (both UK citizens)

Thanks in advance!

SanDiegogirl Apr 27th 2020 6:22 pm

Re: Evidence Required to show "bona fide" marriage

Marriage certificate, wedding photos, photos of family gatherings over the years, photos of the kids, joint utility bills, joint mortgage/rental contracts, beneficiaries of one another's pensions/life insurance, joint bank accounts etc etc

Viking2013 Apr 27th 2020 8:01 pm

Thanks SanDiegogirl.

Q. When submitting evidence/documents what is the best format to upload? eg. one single pdf per piece of evidence or should all "relationship" evidence be compiled together?

Q. Also, I just heard that I could potentially go to an authorized location in the UK and pay for them to upload my documents? (my wife will be in US) I knew this was possible at VFS locations in the US but wasn't aware this was an option in UK. Can anyone confirm this?

Viking2013 Apr 29th 2020 2:10 am

Compiling Relationship Evidence/ Documents - Best Format

Hi all,

Q. When submitting evidence/documents what is the best format to upload? eg. one single pdf per piece of evidence or should all "relationship" evidence be compiled together?

Q. Also, I just heard that I could potentially go to an authorized location in the UK and pay for them to upload my documents? (my wife will be in US) I knew this was possible at VFS locations in the US but wasn't aware this was an option in UK. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

morpeth Apr 29th 2020 11:14 am

Re: Compiling Relationship Evidence/ Documents - Best Format

Originally Posted by Viking2013 (Post 12845710)
Hi all,

Thanks

i have same question.

SanDiegogirl Apr 29th 2020 4:06 pm

Re: Compiling Relationship Evidence/ Documents - Best Format

Originally Posted by Viking2013 (Post 12845710)
Hi all,

Thanks

I think you are referring to the UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services Centres.

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/home-internal

This is where you can book your appointment for BRP snd also have you documents checked and uploaded

Read the website I have linked. I believe all these centres are now closed but you can register and then review the appointments schedule for when appointments can be made in the future.

Obviously, YOU can't make an appointment for BRP, this will be done by your wife when she makes the application from the US

BritInParis May 8th 2020 11:23 am

A1. Best to scan each set of documents as a single PDF. So all your bank statements in date order for instance.

A2. Yes, you can, but obviously they are closed for the time being.

Viking2013 May 9th 2020 1:22 am

Thanks BritInParis.

Do you know where I can find information on submitting documents from the UK? Would this be done before my wife's biometrics appointment in the USA?

BritInParis May 9th 2020 1:46 pm

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/us/en/va...ting-documents

See Options 3 and 4. You should do this after the application is submitted online but before your wife attends her biometrics appointment.

SanDiegogirl May 9th 2020 3:18 pm

Do you have all the documentation you need to upload everything in the UK?

Your wife is applying online from the US?