Evidence of genuine relationship

Old Jan 14th 2019, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

Bingbing25 will become famous soon enoughBingbing25 will become famous soon enough
Default Evidence of genuine relationship

Hello folks, if you have experience with the spousal visa could you plz comment on whether the stuff we are submitting as evidence of genuine relationship would be sufficient? I am applying from Korea and my wife is English. We were married in Korea a couple of years ago when we were both living here. We also lived in Canada. We met in England about 6 years ago.

1) marriage certificate (translated, notarised, apostillated)
2) wedding photos, with family & friends
3) other photos of us together in various places
4) proof of living together in korea
5) proof of living together in Canada
6) a cover letter from each of us
7) one joint bank statement from Canada
8) facebook messages from 2015 till now
9) a letter of reference from our wedding officiant
10) our wedding script

Thanks!
Old Jan 14th 2019, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

OSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Evidence of genuine relationship

Originally Posted by Bingbing25
Hello folks, if you have experience with the spousal visa could you plz comment on whether the stuff we are submitting as evidence of genuine relationship would be sufficient? I am applying from Korea and my wife is English. We were married in Korea a couple of years ago when we were both living here. We also lived in Canada. We met in England about 6 years ago.

1) marriage certificate (translated, notarised, apostillated)
2) wedding photos, with family & friends
3) other photos of us together in various places
4) proof of living together in korea
5) proof of living together in Canada
6) a cover letter from each of us
7) one joint bank statement from Canada
8) facebook messages from 2015 till now
9) a letter of reference from our wedding officiant
10) our wedding script

Thanks!
WhatsApp (chat, call) /Phone log maybe. I'm adding that in mine
Old Jan 14th 2019, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

Bingbing25 will become famous soon enoughBingbing25 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by OSJG
WhatsApp (chat, call) /Phone log maybe. I'm adding that in mine
I haven't been using a mobile phone for a while, and anyway lost the one I had so I don't really have those records... But I shouldn't be a problem should it?
Old Jan 14th 2019, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

OSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't been using a mobile phone for a while, and anyway lost the one I had so I don't really have those records... But I shouldn't be a problem should it?
It shouldn't. Just explain under additional information why you don't have call logs. I hear it's important to show how you communicate. If FB is your main means of communication then state it.
Old Jan 14th 2019, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

On second thought if you have lived together after marriage the phone logs won't be necessary. I think it's for those that live in different countries to prove communication. Sorry about the mix up
Old Jan 14th 2019, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by OSJG
On second thought if you have lived together after marriage the phone logs won't be necessary. I think it's for those that live in different countries to prove communication. Sorry about the mix up
I wrote on Appendix 2 that we communicate on FB when we're away from each other. So I hope that covers it. But I guess it wouldn't hurt to add phone logs whether or not you live together. I'm just a bit weird with phones..
Old Jan 14th 2019, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

Umm do I have to include this form as well: 'Declaration for spouses, civil partners, proposed civil partners, fiancé(e)s, and unmarried partners'? Or is this only for when applying to extend the visa?
Old Jan 14th 2019, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

Umm do I have to include this form as well: 'Declaration for spouses, civil partners, proposed civil partners, fiancé(e)s, and unmarried partners'? Or is this only for when applying to extend the visa?
Never heard of that form before sorry. I'll wait for the experts
Old Jan 14th 2019, 11:50 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

If you mean the sponsorship undertaking form SU07, no you don't need to include that.
Old Jan 15th 2019, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

I mean this form: https://visas-immigration.service.go...eclaration.pdf

But i'm pretty sure this is either obsolete or not needed. But I'll wait for someone who's more knowledgeable.
Old Jan 15th 2019, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

Nora_ is an unknown quantity at this point

I mean this form: https://visas-immigration.service.go...eclaration.pdf

But i'm pretty sure this is either obsolete or not needed. But I'll wait for someone who's more knowledgeable.
It's not obsolete, I have signed it like 10 days ago when we applied for spouse visa after initial fiance visa. government website made me to print it and sign it as part of the online application.
Old Jan 15th 2019, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nora_
It's not obsolete, I have signed it like 10 days ago when we applied for spouse visa after initial fiance visa. government website made me to print it and sign it as part of the online application.
Hi Nora, Did you have to submit it when you made your initial application? I also saw another member on the forum who used the form, but they were extending their initial stay as you did. So I was thinking that perhaps it's for that purpose only.

Last edited by Bingbing25; Jan 15th 2019 at 9:12 am.