Wikiposts

Eu citizen wants to bring a non EU spouse to UK

Old Sep 27th 2013, 6:41 am
Just Joined

deviant is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Eu citizen wants to bring a non EU spouse to UK

This forum rocks.

So here it is, a while (about two weeks ago) i came to London to live (i got a job, the company flew me here and gave me a place to stay). I currently have a self employment contract and have applied for the NIN. I am also a EU citizen (from Slovenia), my wife on the other hand is a non EU citizen (she is from Serbia). She also got the same job but i need to take care of paperwork before she can come here. I am getting my NIN in about 10 days or so and have already made an appointment for a bank account. So my question is, what do i do next..i get my NIN, get my bank account and a full employment contract..whats next?what does she have to do in her country (she has the marriage licence with her)i realize she'll have to apply for some sort of visa, get an apostille on the marriage certificate, fingerprints and a photo..is there anything else?how long does it take?

Thank you all for the replies in advance, you guys are awesome and i love your faces

Any information is most welcomed!

Best regards,

deviant
Old Sep 30th 2013, 1:59 am
BE Enthusiast

englishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Eu citizen wants to bring a non EU spouse to UK

You need an EU Family permit. They are free of charge and valid for 6 months, oncve your wife gets here she can get a residence permit but is not required to (life is very difficult without one)
There's a whole section on the UKBA website regarding EU nationals