Escalation?

Old Oct 2nd 2019, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

timdavies is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Escalation?

We submitted a priority application for a spousal visa in August (submitted in by UPS to the USA visa processing center in New York). Since then we got the "Prepared for consideration email" several weeks ago, but thats is it.

I called the helpline last Monday (25 working days since biometrics, 24 since the physical application was received by the processing center) and the only information they could give was that the status is "awaiting decision." However, as the 30 day limit is this Friday, the person I spoke to said I could call on Friday and ask for it to be escalated. This Friday is also my wife and I's last day at work in the USA, so we are hoping to get this done ASAP.

What does escalating do? And should I be worried that if a decision isn't made in the 30 days, it could be much longer? Searching this forum for cases that had been escalated didn't help my anxiety!

Or maybe I'm worrying over nothing, and it's normal for them to take the full 30 days <-- I'm hoping this is the answer :/
Old Oct 3rd 2019, 6:28 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Escalation?

In my experience, escalating has little to no effect if something needs to be verified. It’s just an exercise in patience.
Old Oct 3rd 2019, 11:31 am
Just Joined

Smithy101 is an unknown quantity at this point

I may have to agree with BIP. I submitted a priority applications in July for my Husband and Son. I was told I cannot escalate it until the 30 days had lapsed (day 31).

I was told you have to wait 15 working days for a response in regards to the escalation which I believe is an email to the relevant department looking at your file, asking for an update.

I have also called and I have been able to "escalate" during the waiting period of an escalation .... meaning, it was never done in the first place

Its all swings and roundabouts with this process.
Old Oct 4th 2019, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

Ah, I see - I ended up calling today and they escalated it. I asked for a timeline and she said it usually takes another 0-15 days! We're both in NYC and have a holiday booked leaving from London on the 29th of October. I know you're not meant to organize travel plans until the visa is in hand, but we thought a 3 week buffer on a priority application would be enough - big mistake!
Old Oct 5th 2019, 8:26 am
Just Joined

geoeng is an unknown quantity at this point

When everybody pays for priority, nobody gets priority.
Old Oct 16th 2019, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

I get that the priority doesn't guarantee a 30 WD service, but its frustrating to see others who submitted on the same day at the same center and have theirs back ~3 weeks ago. In fact one post on the timeline thread has identical submission dates (even with the "Prepared for Entry Clearance Officer" email on the same day we did) and they then escalated and contacted their MP and now have the visa - all while we've heard nothing.

So as it is, we're stuck in a weird waiting period having left both home and jobs, trying to enjoy a holiday and now returning to our hometown to wait it out on friends couches!
Old Oct 16th 2019, 10:24 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by timdavies
I get that the priority doesn't guarantee a 30 WD service, but its frustrating to see others who submitted on the same day at the same center and have theirs back ~3 weeks ago. In fact one post on the timeline thread has identical submission dates (even with the "Prepared for Entry Clearance Officer" email on the same day we did) and they then escalated and contacted their MP and now have the visa - all while we've heard nothing.

So as it is, we're stuck in a weird waiting period having left both home and jobs, trying to enjoy a holiday and now returning to our hometown to wait it out on friends couches!
The trouble is, you can't compare your timeline to others as no two applications are the same. There are just too many variables with each case, so even those submitted on exactly the same day can vary wildly.

Easier said than done I know, but try not to worry even if yours does take longer than others.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 16th 2019 at 10:28 am.
Old Oct 16th 2019, 11:33 am
Just Joined

I feel your pain and frustration, I applied back for my Husband to join me on 4th July (during the first trimester of my pregnancy), someone who applied literally the same day as us, from the same location, got their visa a few weeks ago!

They used the standard service and we paid for priority.
I am about a week and half away from giving birth .... we are on working day 75 today.
Old Oct 16th 2019, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Smithy101
I feel your pain and frustration, I applied back for my Husband to join me on 4th July (during the first trimester of my pregnancy), someone who applied literally the same day as us, from the same location, got their visa a few weeks ago!

They used the standard service and we paid for priority.
I am about a week and half away from giving birth .... we are on working day 75 today.

Oh, thats horrible. I'm so sorry.
Old Oct 16th 2019, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

The trouble is, you can't compare your timeline to others as no two applications are the same. There are just too many variables with each case, so even those submitted on exactly the same day can vary wildly.
Yes, but is it unusual to not hear anything by this point? No requests for more information, or anything? Other people on this forum posted that the delay was caused by the application being mislaid (at VFS?). We're just worried that has happened in our case.

Also, I guess it was our arrogance, but we thought it would be quite simple as we've lived in the same city for all of our 4 year relationship, NY state marriage certificate, good proof of relationship. I've had the same job for 7 years at a well known US university, and have a job offer at a well known UK university, and my parents provided the docs about their house. Also no complications from previous marriages/kids.

If we don't hear anything in the 15 day escalation period, do you know what happens? Or how the timeline progresses?
Old Oct 16th 2019, 5:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, but is it unusual to not hear anything by this point? No requests for more information, or anything? Other people on this forum posted that the delay was caused by the application being mislaid (at VFS?). We're just worried that has happened in our case.
Highly unlikely, that's a very rare scenario. Most people get the 'not straightforward' email because they're from a high fraud country, complicated family circumstances, there are doubts about the veracity of the relationship or employment, or even something as simple as sharing a name with a criminal and needing to have it verified that they're not that person. It can be all manner of things but I doubt it's because they've lost your app. Fingers crossed my optimism isn't misplaced……….

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 16th 2019 at 5:18 pm.
Old Oct 17th 2019, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

Following up on this. My MP just got back to me. Apparently UKVI claimed it was a standard application (not priority). We sent back my credit card statement showing the amount paid, and the front page of the application showing the priority status! Hopefully this will allow it to be resolved quickly now.

However, it sounds very much like someone else who submitted to the same NYC processing center on the same day as us, whose MP investigated and found it had been put in the "wrong pile".

It was the first day at a new address in NYC, so maybe they had teething problems!

Very frustrated, but hopefully it will be resolved soon now.
Old Oct 17th 2019, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

Fingers crossed for you!
Old Oct 17th 2019, 1:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Following up on this. My MP just got back to me. Apparently UKVI claimed it was a standard application (not priority). We sent back my credit card statement showing the amount paid, and the front page of the application showing the priority status! Hopefully this will allow it to be resolved quickly now.

However, it sounds very much like someone else who submitted to the same NYC processing center on the same day as us, whose MP investigated and found it had been put in the "wrong pile".

It was the first day at a new address in NYC, so maybe they had teething problems!

Oh what a pain! Glad you've got to the bottom of it, good luck, hope you get a quick result.
Old Oct 17th 2019, 1:41 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that Tim. I think in this case you should be refunded the priority fee, wouldn't hurt to ask.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.