To escalate or not to escalate.

Old Apr 14th 2019, 4:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: To escalate or not to escalate.

Originally Posted by Livast
Hi everyone, Does anyone could help me explaining how do you guys ask UKVI for an escalation for a spouse visa ?
I've had applied for my visa in Brazil and Bio-metrics taken on the 26th march 2019. just got a SMS text from VFS saying my documents had been forwarded to UKVI.
in the VFS they said I should get a first email on the same or next day from UKVI saying they received my visa application and a second one when the decision was made.
but since then I never got one.
worried me and my husband decided to email them on the 1st April and got a reply saying " your application is being considered and is currently awaiting for a decision ". which was a relief that at least they got my documents and application.
but we paid for priority visa because we are in a delicate situation involved.
I'm currently 26 weeks pregnant and running out of time to take a flight back to England as everything is being planned and ready for the birth to be there.
can anyone give us a help ?

Thanks a lot!!
If you only applied on 26th March, then aren't you still well under the anticipated timescale for a decision? I don't think you can escalate yet surely?

How long have you got before you have to fly? I'd imagine you're cutting it quite fine, but if it helps you can search the Timelines thread, just put the word 'Brazil' in to the search box and you'll get an idea of how long it's taken others who've applied from Brazil - UK Spouse Visa STRICTLY TIMELINES ONLY - NO CHAT

HTH, welcome to BE.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Apr 14th 2019 at 4:10 pm.
Old Apr 14th 2019, 4:23 pm
Just Joined

Livast is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wondering if would worth it to give a shot trying to escalate as the doctor said until 28 weeks before ( which is on the 25th of April )pregnancy for internacional flights. its really confusing all this visa processing time as im not sure if they even stated to look my case yet if i haven’t got any email so far.

thanks for the answer! will surely have a look on the timelines..

Last edited by Livast; Apr 14th 2019 at 4:27 pm.
Old Apr 14th 2019, 4:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Just wondering if would worth it to give a shot trying to escalate as the doctor said until 28 weeks pregnancy for internacional flights. its really confusing all this visa processing time as im not sure if they even stated to look my case yet if i haven’t got any email so far.
I didn’t think you could escalate until after your expected decision date? Unfortunately that’ll be after the 28 week limit, can your spouse come to Brazil for the birth if needed?

Last edited by christmasoompa; Apr 14th 2019 at 4:34 pm.
Old Apr 14th 2019, 4:32 pm
Just Joined

Livast is an unknown quantity at this point

oh ok! not really as he used all his holidays for march to be here for the wedding and visa processing and just went back to work this month. but we will see if I get any news this coming weeks...
fingers crossed!
Old Apr 14th 2019, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

Sammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of light

oh ok! not really as he used all his holidays for march to be here for the wedding and visa processing and just went back to work this month. but we will see if I get any news this coming weeks...
fingers crossed!
You can escalate on the 31st “working “ day from biometrics hopefully you will get a decision made email before then.