To escalate or not to escalate.

Old Jan 30th 2019, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

Sammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: To escalate or not to escalate.

Originally Posted by mlbtsg
I'm a USA citizen applying for a UK spouse visa Priority

Sammy,
I know. I totally agree. Not knowing is the worst. We're in limbo.

I wouldn't base too much on the email, because we never received a single one.
I'd worry that they don't even HAVE our documents, but we called on the 10th of December to confirm they had in fact received them in Sheffield and they said yes.
Although I know this, the fact that we've received no email except the standardized one (after we escalated) does worry me.
I'm assuming the only time I'll know my visa has been granted, is when my physical passport is in my hand! *been checking my prepaid UPS label's tracking number daily.

Fingers crossed for all of us!
I sent an email to our MP about the poor communication and the inconsistencies, she has forwarded my concerns to the MP for the Home Office and the Director of the UKVI.

Old Feb 1st 2019, 12:26 pm
Just Joined

Hikergirl is an unknown quantity at this point

So glad to find this thread. I just posted my information on the timelines thread but am at working day 37on a priority application from the US. Sorry to hear others are in the same situation!!!

My lawyers escalated for me on Monday and I’m debating whether we should contact our MP.

Sammy - I saw you mention that the timeline only really starts from ECO email? That’s a concern as while my biometrics were December 7th I didn’t get my ECO email till January 17th.
Old Feb 1st 2019, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

Jess15 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hikergirl
So glad to find this thread. I just posted my information on the timelines thread but am at working day 37on a priority application from the US. Sorry to hear others are in the same situation!!!

My lawyers escalated for me on Monday and I’m debating whether we should contact our MP.

Sammy - I saw you mention that the timeline only really starts from ECO email? That’s a concern as while my biometrics were December 7th I didn’t get my ECO email till January 17th.
Hey Hiker,
I asked ukvi when the countdown started, and they said it was from the date of your biometrics. I found the email, and they said “ With regards to your enquiry , the processing time start with the date you went to your appointment.”

hope this helps
Old Feb 1st 2019, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

Sammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of light

i know part of the problem is different forums say different things.
I clarified with the other forum and they said from the day the docs arrive in NY , however Jess15 is right the email I got ( from the third party) said we aim to complete all priority applications with in 30 days from biometrics however it’s not guaranteed)
Eitherway I am beyond the 30 days and others who applied after have received their visas.
I also think those who uploaded the docs directly and did not send them to the NY scanning hub are receiving decision made emails sooner.
My hubby is originally from South Africa and naturalized in the USA in 2006 ( not sure if they have to run a check in that country or not )
I am sooooo ready to be home.
On a good note hubby and I are still together in the US and I know a lot have had to be separated while going through this process. I can not imagine !! we have been married 27 years.

Old Feb 1st 2019, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

Thank you both for your responses. I was fairly certain it was from biometrics but the super slow ECO email had me wondering...

Glad you've got your visa now Jess.

Sammy - maybe next week will be our week?!?! My husband has already moved to England to start his new job so I'm waiting with our kids to go as soon as we get our visa. The waiting is SO hard...
Old Feb 1st 2019, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you both for your responses. I was fairly certain it was from biometrics but the super slow ECO email had me wondering...

Glad you've got your visa now Jess.

Sammy - maybe next week will be our week?!?! My husband has already moved to England to start his new job so I'm waiting with our kids to go as soon as we get our visa. The waiting is SO hard...

I understand if children are in the application they process each person separately and send out the emails seperately.
I saw this in another forum
Also if they request documents they are actively working on the case and decisions are usually received within 24 hours of receiving the documents. All of the ones I have seen related to this have been positive decisions.

Old Feb 1st 2019, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

My kids are citizens so it's just my visa we are waiting on.
My lawyer said they requested documents but that was 2 weeks ago... Argh!
Oh well... I'm doing well for the wine industry.
Old Feb 1st 2019, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

My kids are citizens so it's just my visa we are waiting on.
My lawyer said they requested documents but that was 2 weeks ago... Argh!
Oh well... I'm doing well for the wine industry.
Haha me too!
Old Feb 1st 2019, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

mlbtsg is an unknown quantity at this point

Update!

So! My my husband escalated via email last Friday, got the normal automated response a few days ago, and he has been responding to those pretty much daily just to keep the line of communication open (haha can you tell we're a bit desperate?)

ANYWAY! This afternoon (uk time) he received an email from UKVI that said this:
" Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration. With regards to your inquiry about the status of your application, I can confirm that we have made a decision on your application. We cannot discuss the outcome on line or by telephone. However, the visa application center will be in contact with you in regards to collection or delivery of your passport" (The rest is is about not booking a flight til you have your visa etc.)

So he called me and we got super excited..this was right when I woke up this morning. So I checked my email immediately and I had received one. ***This is the FIRST email I have EVER received from UKVI...and its the:
"Your online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer."

Confusing!
Not sure if this is all great news or what! I'm feeling optimistic because I have never received an email before, and this makes me think at least something is happening?

Sammy, I remember you said your lawyer received that same email last week that I just received..after you escalated, right?
and
Hikergirl, I would disregard any timelines from when you received any emails, because I've received none this whole time! I've mostly heard time starts from biometrics as well.

I have my fingers crossed for all of us early next week. It has to be then!!
Old Feb 1st 2019, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mlbtsg
Update!

So! My my husband escalated via email last Friday, got the normal automated response a few days ago, and he has been responding to those pretty much daily just to keep the line of communication open (haha can you tell we're a bit desperate?)

ANYWAY! This afternoon (uk time) he received an email from UKVI that said this:
" Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration. With regards to your inquiry about the status of your application, I can confirm that we have made a decision on your application. We cannot discuss the outcome on line or by telephone. However, the visa application center will be in contact with you in regards to collection or delivery of your passport" (The rest is is about not booking a flight til you have your visa etc.)

So he called me and we got super excited..this was right when I woke up this morning. So I checked my email immediately and I had received one. ***This is the FIRST email I have EVER received from UKVI...and its the:
"Your online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer."

Confusing!
Not sure if this is all great news or what! I'm feeling optimistic because I have never received an email before, and this makes me think at least something is happening?

Sammy, I remember you said your lawyer received that same email last week that I just received..after you escalated, right?
and
Hikergirl, I would disregard any timelines from when you received any emails, because I've received none this whole time! I've mostly heard time starts from biometrics as well.

I have my fingers crossed for all of us early next week. It has to be then!!
I have to laugh how we get excited by the UKVI emails.
Yes that email about the application we got on 1/9/19 which was about 4 weeks after his biometrics however the email about the decision being made is different and wow 😮 I hope it’s the big fat yes you deserve. Did it have his GWF # on it ?
Are your tracking the return UPS receipt ? some find it does not trigger anything and UPS just shows up. I hope you get the passport back this weekend or Monday. That will be fantastic news and a wonderful valentines gift !! Keep me posted.

Last edited by Sammy2018; Feb 1st 2019 at 11:08 pm.
Old Feb 2nd 2019, 1:46 am
Just Joined

Yeah! So weird with the two emails

As far as I know, he put the GWF #on all emails just to be safe.
He also called (I know, we need to stop giving them our money) to see if they also saw a "decision made" . They said no, but that sometimes it takes a day for it to update. They said that if the email says that though, it is a good sign.

I've been tracking the UPS label daily, and no movement yet. Hopefully we see some action on Monday!

Seriously hoping the best for you too. So unfair that people with later dates get theirs sooner, and people with same dates (us!) have such different outcomes. I know every case is different, but I feel like its such an unorganized process.

Will keep everyone posted!
Old Feb 2nd 2019, 4:08 am
Just Joined

Ooh! That email sounds so promising mlbtsg! Fingers crossed!!!

We got the ECO email after our lawyers had done an inquiry as well. My biometrics were December 7th and we got that email January 17th. Seems to be the longest lag I’ve seen between biometrics and that email except for people who just didn’t get it. Unfortunately I don’t have the inquiry and escalation emails with UKVI as our lawyer sent it. Going to ask for the actual emails just to see what they say on Monday as the lawyers have been unwilling to share any details so far.

Fingers crossed for all of us next week!
Old Feb 2nd 2019, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

Ooh! That email sounds so promising mlbtsg! Fingers crossed!!!

We got the ECO email after our lawyers had done an inquiry as well. My biometrics were December 7th and we got that email January 17th. Seems to be the longest lag I’ve seen between biometrics and that email except for people who just didn’t get it. Unfortunately I don’t have the inquiry and escalation emails with UKVI as our lawyer sent it. Going to ask for the actual emails just to see what they say on Monday as the lawyers have been unwilling to share any details so far.

Fingers crossed for all of us next week!
This is what the email from Sheffield looks like when they send you the decision made email. It’s not mine but some else posted on a different forum

Regarding Visa Application: GWF***********
A decision has been made on your UK Visa application.
If you applied via a US Dept. of Homeland Security Application Support Centre or a VFS Premium Application Centre and chose to have your passport mailed back to you directly, that will take place shortly.

If you submitted your application via a VFS Premium Application Centre and chose to collect your passport in person at the end of the process, they will be in contact with you to provide further guidance.

If anyone contacts you advising that your application is still under consideration or that they can influence the outcome of your application in any way, they cannot - please report any such approach to [email protected].
You should not expect to receive any further emails from this office.

Regards

Sheffield Visa Section
Old Feb 5th 2019, 1:20 am
Just Joined

Update!!

It's happening everyone!. I officially got the "Decision has been made email" this morning.
It looks exactly like the example you posted, Sammy.

And I just checked the tracking number (for the 5th time today) and it is in fact in transit!
I'll receive it tomorrow and that thing better have an approved visa in it!

I wish I had some advice or an idea of something to do, for you both who are STILL waiting. There is no reason why these should all be arriving at such different times for all of us. We've all escalated, emailed, called so many times.

Thinking of you both and hope hope hope you get some info soon. And hope my news is good! Will update tomorrow.
And thank you so much for being a support to me during this frustrating time !!!
Old Feb 5th 2019, 2:24 am
Just Joined

YAY!!! So excited for you!!! I hear you get an attachment to the email if it’s a refusal so I’m sure you’re a yes!!!

I had some progress yesterday in that I got a request to send my bank statements. Which of course I’d already sent. Had to go to the back again today as I’d sent originals to NY. Now I sit and wait again...

How goes Sammy???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.