To escalate or not to escalate.

Old Jan 24th 2019, 11:59 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: To escalate or not to escalate.

Originally Posted by Sammy2018

Interestingly enough I was able to track my dog when he flew back to the UK last month.

presumably he wasn't delivered by Amazon
Old Jan 24th 2019, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

Sammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
presumably he wasn't delivered by Amazon
Haha I needed that laugh 😂 and no it was Lufthansa
Old Jan 24th 2019, 3:33 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

There are trackable postal services in the UK but, like most other things here, it’s expensive so you don’t use it unless you’re sending something particularly important/valuable.
Old Jan 24th 2019, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

Sammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of light

This UKVI process is not user friendly. I told my husband that you can track packages all over the world at any given time and know where they are. Amazon does this every day with 10000000 packages. Why can the UKVI not do the same with applications so that their customers can have. Better experience
. All it takes is a bar code ( with your GWF ) for each application and a scanner. ( oh and the soft ware ) which amazon could sell them or even UPS .
Once it’s in place we can track our own stuff

Its very frustrating not knowing , I thought we would have been flying home this week ...
I am also trying to avoid paying another month of Cobra but I think I will have to pay if we don’t get the “decision made “ email this week. It’s funny We bought stuff at Publix and I said only get the small ones since we will be flying next week ... wrong we had to go out and buy more. We shop every 2 days just in case
I chose to email because it’s cheaper than to keep calling the email is a one time charge and covers all follow e mails , you just reply to the email they send back to you.
when you send the original email you get a generic response that says give them 2 days to respond.
The day after we got the follow up email saying it was being processed and coincidently our immigration advisor got the email from Sheffield that says “.... your application has arrived at the decision making center and is currently being prepared...that was on 1/9/19

I am still waiting for the follow up to the escalation. In this request I quoted what they emailed which was “...we like to make priority decisions within 30 days if you believe you have gone past 30 days please send us your date of biometrics ..” I also sent all the info they requested, today will be day 2 so hopefully we will get something ( most probably a generic response )
If you decide to send an email chexk your inbox and junk e mails as some of mine have gone to junk recently
I also keep the emails as a reference and refer back to them.

Hopefully we will alll get the “decision email” soon.

Goodluck keep posting your updates
We received a response from the UKVI email center it was the standard email. Interestingly enough I responded to their email 2 days ago. Today I emailed again because they did not respond in the quoted 48 hours ... I got a response immediately
I am sure it’s the standard
it said “... We escalated your case to the relevant department on 24/1/19. You should be contacted regarding your case within 15 working days from the date of escalation. Your patience is highly appreciated.”

Tomorrow is 7 weeks or 35 business days and counting.

Old Jan 24th 2019, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

Jess15 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Sammy,

I also applied from the U.S. and escalated it. I read that you escalated it, which I think was a good choice. I think it was worth it as I got the "decision made" email the next day after the email confirming the escalation. Maybe the two events aren't linked, but I don't believe there's any detriment in doing so, so why not? For me it took 36 business days before I received the "Decision Made" email.

Wishing you the best of luck!
Old Jan 24th 2019, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

mlbtsg is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats Jess!

Also on the same timeline as you.

As I mentioned to Sammy, I only escalated via phone. (Didn't know the email fees were a one time deal)
My husband called on the 18th and they said "oh yeah, you should have heard something by now!"..no kidding.

Thinking we will email tomorrow for another escalation. Maybe the email is what gets things done.
Just a bit wary of it considering we've never received a single email from UKVI.

Will report back with any info. On 35 business day since biometrics as well. (We had poor luck with xmas and new years giving us less working days haha)
Old Jan 24th 2019, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jess15
Hey Sammy,

I also applied from the U.S. and escalated it. I read that you escalated it, which I think was a good choice. I think it was worth it as I got the "decision made" email the next day after the email confirming the escalation. Maybe the two events aren't linked, but I don't believe there's any detriment in doing so, so why not? For me it took 36 business days before I received the "Decision Made" email.

Wishing you the best of luck!
Congrats 🎊🍾🎉
Did you get the same response saying we escalated give it 15 days or did you receive something different.
My hubbies biometrics where on 4th December and we did not get the “..we have the docs email until 9th January..” and I see you got yours on January 3rd .. I know I need patience.

Thanks and good luck 🍀
Old Jan 25th 2019, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

Just an update...
My husband called and emailed UKVI today. Waste of money..we know..but getting a bit desperate as we've been apart for so long.
Have read that getting an MP involved has helped some cases, but have also read that they only get involved after its been 60 days...so not there yet. We'll see.

Hoping for any info this Monday!
Old Jan 25th 2019, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mlbtsg
Just an update...
My husband called and emailed UKVI today. Waste of money..we know..but getting a bit desperate as we've been apart for so long.
Have read that getting an MP involved has helped some cases, but have also read that they only get involved after its been 60 days...so not there yet. We'll see.

Hoping for any info this Monday!
Sorry you are apart the process is not great for sure and the wait is terrible. Hubby and I are fortunate as we are still together in the USA.
I can only hope we get an answer soon.
There are a couple of people who had biometrics done on 12/3/18 who have been approved in the past week. My hubby had his biometrics done on 12/4/18.
I will send lots of good energy your way and lots of prayers up that we get the decision email soon and a big fat yes on the visa.

Old Jan 29th 2019, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

Hey Sammy and Oxygen,

Any updates ?
My husband ended up emailing his local MP..since I've seen that pop up a few times on these forums.
They said they would forward a note to UKVI on our behalf..have no clue what that actually looks like or if it'll do anything. ...can't see it hurting the process? I hope not at least!

I've pretty much written off this week as far as receiving any news...we'll see .
I wish we could know more about the process..so we would at least know why those who also had biometrics on the same day have already gotten theirs....
Trying to be patient but feeling very frustrated
Old Jan 29th 2019, 9:18 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Sammy and Oxygen,

Any updates ?
My husband ended up emailing his local MP..since I've seen that pop up a few times on these forums.
They said they would forward a note to UKVI on our behalf..have no clue what that actually looks like or if it'll do anything. ...can't see it hurting the process? I hope not at least!

I've pretty much written off this week as far as receiving any news...we'll see .
I wish we could know more about the process..so we would at least know why those who also had biometrics on the same day have already gotten theirs....
Which passport do you hold?
Old Jan 29th 2019, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

Hey Sammy and Oxygen,

Any updates ?

No updates and just as frustrated. I think my frustration is not knowing what’s happening and not being in control.

We are at 37 business days from biometrics although other forums are saying the clock starts from when your docs are received in Sheffield which is scary. It took 23 business days to get the email from Sheffield.

Others on other forums who have applied after us (by at least 10 working days ) have just received their decision made email. There are also people from before our application who are still waiting. All US citizens.

There are some pretty sad stories out there and apparently the NY scanning hub changed it’s address recently which is creating issues for some and packages have gone missing.

They say the more steps there are in a process the greater the chance there are for errors.
Someone at UKVI definitely needs to take a six sigma approach at why there is so much inconsistency.
I would love to know what their customer satisfaction rating is based on applicants country.

I actually started our taxes today figured might as well get a jump on it and stay occupied.

Lets hope we all get a decision email soon.

Old Jan 30th 2019, 1:16 am
Just Joined

I'm a USA citizen applying for a UK spouse visa Priority

Sammy,
I know. I totally agree. Not knowing is the worst. We're in limbo.

I wouldn't base too much on the email, because we never received a single one.
I'd worry that they don't even HAVE our documents, but we called on the 10th of December to confirm they had in fact received them in Sheffield and they said yes.
Although I know this, the fact that we've received no email except the standardized one (after we escalated) does worry me.
I'm assuming the only time I'll know my visa has been granted, is when my physical passport is in my hand! *been checking my prepaid UPS label's tracking number daily.

Fingers crossed for all of us!
Old Jan 30th 2019, 3:22 am
Forum Regular

oxygen28 is an unknown quantity at this point

No updates and just as frustrated. I think my frustration is not knowing what’s happening and not being in control.

We are at 37 business days from biometrics although other forums are saying the clock starts from when your docs are received in Sheffield which is scary. It took 23 business days to get the email from Sheffield.

Others on other forums who have applied after us (by at least 10 working days ) have just received their decision made email. There are also people from before our application who are still waiting. All US citizens.

There are some pretty sad stories out there and apparently the NY scanning hub changed it’s address recently which is creating issues for some and packages have gone missing.

They say the more steps there are in a process the greater the chance there are for errors.
Someone at UKVI definitely needs to take a six sigma approach at why there is so much inconsistency.
I would love to know what their customer satisfaction rating is based on applicants country.

I actually started our taxes today figured might as well get a jump on it and stay occupied.

Lets hope we all get a decision email soon.

Hi Sammy and mlbtsg,

Update for my application. I received my package today with my passport and visa in it🎉🍾🥂. I’m really so glad as I’m just waiting for this week for me to escalate. I’m so happy and surprised when someone rang the door bell. The UPS man with my package (documents).

It took 25 days from biometrics to Decision made date. Minus 5 days for Christmas holiday. And then additional 4 days to deliver the package.

I guess we cant really rely on email as I didn’t get any since the first email UKVI sent re: “your application is currently being prepared by...” and since then it’s been really quiet.

Like others I’ve been checking my UPS tracking number but no changes until I avoided it and instead I am doing some volunteer jobs here in Vancouver.

I would like like to Thank you all for all the guidance and support and replies. You guys help me lessen the pressures of waiting. I believe your application will be decided soon.

Best of luck everyone 😊

Old Jan 30th 2019, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by oxygen28

Hi Sammy and mlbtsg,

Update for my application. I received my package today with my passport and visa in it🎉🍾🥂. I’m really so glad as I’m just waiting for this week for me to escalate. I’m so happy and surprised when someone rang the door bell. The UPS man with my package (documents).

It took 25 days from biometrics to Decision made date. Minus 5 days for Christmas holiday. And then additional 4 days to deliver the package.

I guess we cant really rely on email as I didn’t get any since the first email UKVI sent re: “your application is currently being prepared by...” and since then it’s been really quiet.

Like others I’ve been checking my UPS tracking number but no changes until I avoided it and instead I am doing some volunteer jobs here in Vancouver.

I would like like to Thank you all for all the guidance and support and replies. You guys help me lessen the pressures of waiting. I believe your application will be decided soon.

Best of luck everyone 😊

Congrats Oxygen so happy for you 🍾🎈🎉 our time will come.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.