British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   To escalate or not to escalate. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/escalate-not-escalate-921125/)

Sammy2018 Jan 17th 2019 2:05 pm

To escalate or not to escalate.

Applying for spousal visa from USA and we will be at 30 business days tomorrow.
We did priority and if we get no updates from UKVI by end of business tomorrow should we escalate ? does it make a difference.
We received the standard email from Sheffield on 1/9/19 which was 23 BD from biometrics.

bookerw100 Jan 17th 2019 4:20 pm

Re: To escalate or not to escalate.

yh I would escalate it on 30 working days from bio metrics - can't hurt surely.

oxygen28 Jan 23rd 2019 1:25 am

Originally Posted by Sammy2018 (Post 12623090)
Applying for spousal visa from USA and we will be at 30 business days tomorrow.
We did priority and if we get no updates from UKVI by end of business tomorrow should we escalate ? does it make a difference.
We received the standard email from Sheffield on 1/9/19 which was 23 BD from biometrics.

Hi.
I'm thinking about it too. We also did priority service. I did my biometrics last 17 December 2018. I'm just wondering if there would be a negative impact with my application if I escalate it?

By the way, hows your application?

Thanks,

Sammy2018 Jan 23rd 2019 2:23 am

Originally Posted by oxygen28 (Post 12625926)
Hi.
I'm thinking about it too. We also did priority service. I did my biometrics last 17 December 2018. I'm just wondering if there would be a negative impact with my application if I escalate it?

By the way, hows your application?

Thanks,

I doing think is any negative impact I see a lot of posts of people escalating, does it speed things up not sure.

i escalated last Friday did not here anything so re sent the email Monday.
Today we got an email back asking for the GWF , IHS # passport # date of birth and other things which I sent back to them but of course that was at 5PM Uk time
We are now at 33 business days.

Another forum indicates it’s a third party we are communicating with who has no access to the apps when we send the emails or call and often times they give the wrong information back to the applicant.

Anyway it made me feel better for a hot minute cost about $7 for the initial email and any further emails. You just have to send any future emails via the reply button of the original email they send you.

Good luck hope you get the decision made email before the 30 business days.

if you have not done so check out the spousal visa timelines on this forum.

oxygen28 Jan 23rd 2019 3:18 am

Originally Posted by Sammy2018 (Post 12625932)

I doing think is any negative impact I see a lot of posts of people escalating, does it speed things up not sure.

i escalated last Friday did not here anything so re sent the email Monday.
Today we got an email back asking for the GWF , IHS # passport # date of birth and other things which I sent back to them but of course that was at 5PM Uk time
We are now at 33 business days.

Another forum indicates it’s a third party we are communicating with who has no access to the apps when we send the emails or call and often times they give the wrong information back to the applicant.

Anyway it made me feel better for a hot minute cost about $7 for the initial email and any further emails. You just have to send any future emails via the reply button of the original email they send you.

Good luck hope you get the decision made email before the 30 business days.

if you have not done so check out the spousal visa timelines on this forum.

Thanks for your quick reply Sammy2018.
What's the email address?

And YES I've inputted mine on the spousal visa timeline.

Regards,

Sammy2018 Jan 23rd 2019 11:03 am

Originally Posted by oxygen28 (Post 12625940)
Thanks for your quick reply Sammy2018.
What's the email address?

And YES I've inputted mine on the spousal visa timeline.

Regards,

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk/y

mlbtsg Jan 23rd 2019 11:35 pm

Hey Sammy,

In the same timeline as you (according to the timeline forum)
We just escalated as well on the 18th via phone call.

Wondering if we will try again on Friday (in two days) and wondering if emailing might be a better option this time.
(I've also read about it being a 3rd party and probably a pointless waste of money..but ..desperate times!)

We haven't received a single email from UKVI during this whole process, and only through phone calls did we confirm that Sheffield even had our application.

Can't wait til this is resolved. I know you're in the same boat.

Sammy2018 Jan 24th 2019 7:02 am

Originally Posted by mlbtsg (Post 12626390)
Hey Sammy,

In the same timeline as you (according to the timeline forum)
We just escalated as well on the 18th via phone call.

Wondering if we will try again on Friday (in two days) and wondering if emailing might be a better option this time.
(I've also read about it being a 3rd party and probably a pointless waste of money..but ..desperate times!)

We haven't received a single email from UKVI during this whole process, and only through phone calls did we confirm that Sheffield even had our application.

Can't wait til this is resolved. I know you're in the same boat.

This UKVI process is not user friendly. I told my husband that you can track packages all over the world at any given time and know where they are. Amazon does this every day with 10000000 packages. Why can the UKVI not do the same with applications so that their customers can have. Better experience
. All it takes is a bar code ( with your GWF ) for each application and a scanner. ( oh and the soft ware ) which amazon could sell them or even UPS .
Once it’s in place we can track our own stuff

Its very frustrating not knowing , I thought we would have been flying home this week ...
I am also trying to avoid paying another month of Cobra but I think I will have to pay if we don’t get the “decision made “ email this week. It’s funny We bought stuff at Publix and I said only get the small ones since we will be flying next week ... wrong we had to go out and buy more. We shop every 2 days just in case
I chose to email because it’s cheaper than to keep calling the email is a one time charge and covers all follow e mails , you just reply to the email they send back to you.
when you send the original email you get a generic response that says give them 2 days to respond.
The day after we got the follow up email saying it was being processed and coincidently our immigration advisor got the email from Sheffield that says “.... your application has arrived at the decision making center and is currently being prepared...that was on 1/9/19

I am still waiting for the follow up to the escalation. In this request I quoted what they emailed which was “...we like to make priority decisions within 30 days if you believe you have gone past 30 days please send us your date of biometrics ..” I also sent all the info they requested, today will be day 2 so hopefully we will get something ( most probably a generic response )
If you decide to send an email chexk your inbox and junk e mails as some of mine have gone to junk recently
I also keep the emails as a reference and refer back to them.

Hopefully we will alll get the “decision email” soon.

Goodluck keep posting your updates

christmasoompa Jan 24th 2019 8:08 am

Originally Posted by Sammy2018 (Post 12626468)
I told my husband that you can track packages all over the world at any given time and know where they are. Amazon does this every day with 10000000 packages.

Amazon doesn't do that in the UK just FYI. You just get a despatch notice, no tracking for ordinary orders. Just to prepare you for life here! :lol:

Sammy2018 Jan 24th 2019 8:57 am

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 12626495)
Amazon doesn't do that in the UK just FYI. You just get a despatch notice, no tracking for ordinary orders. Just to prepare you for life here! :lol:

Not even with prime ?

christmasoompa Jan 24th 2019 9:03 am

Originally Posted by Sammy2018 (Post 12626511)

Not even with prime ?

Nope. The only 'tracking' is telling you when it's despatched and when it's been delivered. Independent sellers can choose to have proper tracking, but it's rare and usually only for expensive stuff IME.

christmasoompa Jan 24th 2019 9:09 am

Just to show you what you get, I'm with Amazon Prime and this is my most recent order and what I get when I click on 'tracking'........

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...1f700112da.png

HTH.

Sammy2018 Jan 24th 2019 9:09 am

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 12626515)
Nope. The only 'tracking' is telling you when it's despatched and when it's been delivered. Independent sellers can choose to have proper tracking, but it's rare and usually only for expensive stuff IME.

Strange , now I am going to have to check into why it’s different

christmasoompa Jan 24th 2019 9:13 am

Originally Posted by Sammy2018 (Post 12626519)
Strange , now I am going to have to check into why it’s different

Best to just accept that lots of things will be different in the UK to the US, you can't spend your life researching why that is for each of them otherwise you'll drive yourself crazy! :lol:

I just really wanted to say that you can't use Amazon tracking tons of packages in the US as a reason why UKVI should be doing the same, as Amazon UK don't either. Not sure what postal service UKVI use, but perhaps it's not a trackable one.

Sammy2018 Jan 24th 2019 9:34 am

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 12626522)
Best to just accept that lots of things will be different in the UK to the US, you can't spend your life researching why that is for each of them otherwise you'll drive yourself crazy! :lol:

I just really wanted to say that you can't use Amazon tracking tons of packages in the US as a reason why UKVI should be doing the same, as Amazon UK don't either. Not sure what postal service UKVI use, but perhaps it's not a trackable one.

Interestingly enough I was able to track my dog when he flew back to the UK last month.