English test in the UK (visa extension)

Old Jan 18th 2020, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

AnnF is an unknown quantity at this point
Default English test in the UK (visa extension)

Hello,

This year I have to extend my resident permit. I read that as part of the application the applicant must present the IELTS Life Skills test level A2.

Do I have to take level A2 MANDATORY or can I take the test level B1?

Thanks in advance,

An
Old Jan 18th 2020, 9:05 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: English test in the UK (visa extension)

A2 is the minimum but you can take B1 instead. Just make sure you’re taking the correct examination for your visa type.
Old Jan 18th 2020, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
A2 is the minimum but you can take B1 instead. Just make sure you’re taking the correct examination for your visa type.

Hi,

I’m extending my spouse visa. Could you please explain me a bit about the correct examination for my visa type. I’m confused.

what it is the difference between these 2 exams? and which one would you recommend to do.

thanks in advance

An

Last edited by AnnF; Jan 18th 2020 at 9:24 pm.
Old Jan 18th 2020, 9:37 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Those you highlighted are the same exam. You can use it to extend your spouse visa as well as apply for ILR and citizenship later on.
Old Jan 18th 2020, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

Those you highlighted are the same exam. You can use it to extend your spouse visa as well as apply for ILR and citizenship later on.

Ok, perfect! It won’t be any inconvenience with my application if I prefer to take the test level B1?

I am a bit scared because they specified “A2 EXTENSION”

Thanks for your help

An
Old Jan 19th 2020, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by AnnF
Ok, perfect! It won’t be any inconvenience with my application if I prefer to take the test level B1?

I am a bit scared because they specified “A2 EXTENSION”

Thanks for your help

An
No, and it'll save you time and money because you can reuse it for ILR and citizenship.
Old Jan 19th 2020, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

No, and it'll save you time and money because you can reuse it for ILR and citizenship.

That is perfect! Thank you so much for your advice.
Old Apr 1st 2020, 2:01 am
Just Joined

Usman Wahla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,
sorry for breaking into the thread, I did want to start a new one.

I have got a question about IELTS test B1. I did my B1 when i first applied for my UK visa. I'm heading to my extension and wonder if i can use the same test for the extension.
or is there any validity to the test?

​​​​​​​regards,
Old Apr 4th 2020, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by Usman Wahla
Hi All,
sorry for breaking into the thread, I did want to start a new one.

I have got a question about IELTS test B1. I did my B1 when i first applied for my UK visa. I'm heading to my extension and wonder if i can use the same test for the extension.
or is there any validity to the test?

regards,
You can reuse the same test.
Old Jul 6th 2020, 6:04 am
Forum Regular

Hi again!

I booked my life skill test (B1) on the 26th September as this is the only date that was showing me available and I’ll extend my BRP in December.

Will this test be valid for my naturalisation process or do I have to take again another exam?.Maybe is going to be a bit more than 2 years when I can apply for it as I have to apply for the last BRP after 5 years and then I can apply for the naturalisation ( I hope this makes sense)

thanks!
Old Jul 6th 2020, 8:56 am

So long as you use it for this application before it expires then you can reuse it for ILR and naturalisation.