British Expats

British Expats (
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (
-   -   English test requirement for spouse renewal and items of correspondence (

Connor.r Apr 19th 2021 7:09 pm

English test requirement for spouse renewal and items of correspondence
Hi there,

I'd really appreciate some wisdom on the topic of English tests.
I am aware for the spouse renewal you an A2 level life skills test is needed, however for my wife's first visa she has passed this section on a B2 level English test from an English school she went to in the UK.
It seems a little pointless to do a test that is 1 whole level lower to prove her English when she's already shown she's more than capable?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
The last thing/problem we have is that we have been living in a family friend's mother's house. We have paid her cash in hand(occasional bank transfers) and she covers all the bills and tax etc. So, when it comes to items of correspondence, we don't have a whole lot.
We have a letter from our landlady stating we have been living together for the past 2.5 years and also a rent book with both, my wife, landlady, and I's signatures. Will this be sufficient, or is there anything else we would need?
Again, I will appreciate any help or advice given.
***The visa is also due for renewal beginning of June, and we're moving to a new property in 2 weeks***

Many thanks,

All times are GMT. The time now is 8:29 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.