English requirements

Old Apr 21st 2018, 10:33 am
Just Joined

brn14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default English requirements

Hi everyone,
My name is Zacharia, I need help in regard to English test.I do my IELTS exam in 2015 on May, and I passed that exam. The home Office gave me the spouse visa and currently I’m living in UK. I want to apply another 2.5 years on the 5 year to settlement under Appendix FM(Family Member). Under the new requirement, I’m supposed to do English test at level A2, but I was trying to register to British council website so that I can do test next month but the system not allowing me to do A2 exam, the system asked me if I have taken an IELTS for UKVI in last two year and if I passed/ achieved an IELTS score, I responded by saying yes then I get another massage, let me quote ‘if you previously achieved an IELTS life skills passing score for UKVI at the required level for your application, you should not retake the test.If you you continue to register and take the test, then you may not receive your test result and may not receive a test refund’ end of quotes. I’m I supposed to do exam/ test A2 or not? If not, what is the reasons? Anyone who knows pls help
Old Apr 21st 2018, 10:37 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: English requirements

Originally Posted by brn14
Hi everyone,
My name is Zacharia, I need help in regard to English test.I do my IELTS exam in 2015 on May, and I passed that exam. The home Office gave me the spouse visa and currently I’m living in UK. I want to apply another 2.5 years on the 5 year to settlement under Appendix FM(Family Member). Under the new requirement, I’m supposed to do English test at level A2, but I was trying to register to British council website so that I can do test next month but the system not allowing me to do A2 exam, the system asked me if I have taken an IELTS for UKVI in last two year and if I passed/ achieved an IELTS score, I responded by saying yes then I get another massage, let me quote ‘if you previously achieved an IELTS life skills passing score for UKVI at the required level for your application, you should not retake the test.If you you continue to register and take the test, then you may not receive your test result and may not receive a test refund’ end of quotes. I’m I supposed to do exam/ test A2 or not? If not, what is the reasons? Anyone who knows pls help
elcome to BE.

Please have a quick read of the site rules, beige bar at the top, and should you have any site related problems please contact on of the moderators, names in bold at the bottom right of each forum page.

You made a mistake by saying Yes to the question about having taken the test within the last two years, your test was three years ago, this is almost certainly why you are getting the error message. retrying and answering NO to the question should help.

I have moved your thread so more people will see it, and may have other comments to make.

Last edited by mikelincs; Apr 21st 2018 at 10:40 am.
Old Apr 25th 2018, 9:50 am
Just Joined

Jumbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: English requirements

Actually, there is a transitional period under which tests done after 6 April 2013 and before 6 April 2015.

For tests taken on or after 6
April 2013: no documents
required (Scores must be
verified using the Cambridge
English online system using
name, date of birth and
passport number)
In your case, it appears that you do not need to take a test unless your IELTS score was less than A2. My wife is B2 so she does not need to take the test again. In my cover letter, I just explain how she meets the requirement under section 2.2.3 Appendix FM section 1.21