English Language requirement

Old Jun 17th 2019, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

raysh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default English Language requirement

Hi,

My wife recently submitted her spouse visa application from India. There is one thing that's troubling me about the evidence for her english language requirement. She did her Bachelor's degree in an Institute in India which was affiliated to a well recognised UK university hence the degree was awarded by the same university. I did send a copy of her degree, transcript and medium of instruction letter to NARIC Visas and nationality to certify its UK equivalent degree and taught in english but NARIC came back saying it was a UK degree already and hence they can not certify it. So we went ahead and applied the Visa with just the certificate, transcript and medium of instruction letter as evidence for her english language requirement.

Could anyone advise if we did right or she should have taken CEFR A1? I am a bit worried.

Thanks.
Ray
Old Jun 18th 2019, 1:14 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: English Language requirement

If the degree was awarded by a UK university then you were correct in what you did.
Old Jun 18th 2019, 10:51 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
If the degree was awarded by a UK university then you were correct in what you did.
Thanks BritInParis. Do you have any UKVI link to support this?
Old Jun 18th 2019, 12:28 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by raysh
Thanks BritInParis. Do you have any UKVI link to support this?
I find your lack of faith disturbing

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigrat...family-members

See Paragraph E-ECP.4.1.(c)
Old Jun 18th 2019, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
I find your lack of faith disturbing

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigrat...family-members

See Paragraph E-ECP.4.1.(c)
Thanks. That put me at ease. Sorry that was me doubting myself I have to say though this whole application process is stressing me out.

I knew you could use UK degree as evidence for english language requirement but couldn't find it on https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse. So wanted to double check.