Emergency: Barclays Bank Statement Questions

Old Oct 14th 2019, 2:11 pm
Just Joined

maninthehan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Emergency: Barclays Bank Statement Questions

Dear all,

I asked for a certified copy statement from Barclays which they have now sent. It is stamped: Certified Copy. However, it is in black and white and looks very much like its just come out of a black and white printer.

To add a bit of stress to the situation, the statement took almost a week to get to my parent's home and then they were away for 10 days. So, due to the 28 day rule, i only have just over a week to get it posted to China and submit our application.

I have a couple of questions:
1. Can i just get this statement scanned to me here? Since its a black & white copy anyway, It should look just the same as it does in paper form. Ive read it should be an original but i was expecting the statement to be in colour or something distinctive.
2. If above is a 'yes', then is it also OK to have my parents letter consenting for us to live in their house scanned over too? Actually, we have the other required documents here in China and a signed letter but it was dated September 2nd so i thought the date might be too old.

Also, and an important one.
If it cant be scanned and i need to use the posted originals, then how long does it take from VFS scanning the documents to the Home Office acknowledging receipt? I reckon if the stuff gets to China i might only have 1 or 2 days to spare before it's day 28. What i don't want to do is submit the app, pay and go to VFS, but then it takes several days for the Home Office to get it and we pass day 28 (and we lose our application).

Thanks very much for any help. I am having it posted and scanned today so i will be ready whatever the advice i receive.

I should add, Barclays have been a pain. They sent me the wrong thing first and this second time they said they were no longer offering this service! So, to quote, 'I was lucky' and if i want another statement i'll need to drop in a branch (just a 10 hour flight away)!

Old Oct 15th 2019, 11:42 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Emergency: Barclays Bank Statement Questions

I made a bit of a meal of this post. I was in a bit of a fluster!

Basically, does the 28 day rule stop when VFS scan the documents?

and,

does anyone know what a certified Barclays copy statement looks like? Is it just black and white or colour?

Thanks again.
Old Oct 15th 2019, 12:29 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maninthehan
I made a bit of a meal of this post. I was in a bit of a fluster!

Basically, does the 28 day rule stop when VFS scan the documents?

and,

does anyone know what a certified Barclays copy statement looks like? Is it just black and white or colour?

Thanks again.
The 28 day rule is from the date you submit your application online. Sorry, can't help with your other question but I'm sure someone will be along to help.

I fully understand the fluster thing. In fact, getting flustered is almost an official part of the process Deep breaths, make sure you have all your ducks lined up and you'll be fine.

Old Oct 15th 2019, 12:40 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

The black and white printouts are acceptable providing each one has been stamped in ink by Barclays.
Old Oct 16th 2019, 4:51 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the help Spouse of Scouse. Yeah, get those ducks lined up and breath deeply - very fine advice.

Thanks too Brit in Paris. The problem here is it doesn't seem to be stamped in ink. Looks like its been done digitally. Ive uploaded the pic. What do you think?
Old Oct 16th 2019, 7:43 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

1. In relation to evidencing the financial requirements in Appendix FM the following general provisions shall apply:
(a) Bank statements must:

(v) be:
(1) on official bank stationery; or
(2) electronic bank statements which are either accompanied by a letter from the bank on its headed stationery confirming that the documents are authentic or which bear the official stamp of the issuing bank on every page.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigrat...ified-evidence
Old Oct 16th 2019, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

Thanks again Brit in Paris. Also, a timely reminder to check the guidance notes carefully.