Email from Sheffield requesting return envelope

Old Feb 7th 2019, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

Bingbing25 will become famous soon enoughBingbing25 will become famous soon enough
Default Email from Sheffield requesting return envelope

Hello folks,

I didn't include a return envelope with my spouse visa application. Instead, my wife sent it separately at the same time. I still received an email requesting a return envelope yesterday, and I thought this might be something they just send automatically when they see there's no return envelope in the original package. But I'm not too sure now, because my wife says she might have forgotten to write the GWF number on it.

Anyhow the email says that they'll still return the documents by normal post if we don't provide any. So I'm not sure if it's necessary to send another one. Do they wait until I send a new one before processing my application? Or does this have no bearing on how quickly it'll be done?

Thanks.
Old Feb 7th 2019, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

spinrs2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Email from Sheffield requesting return envelope

itll have no bearing on how quick your application is processed, they have obviously finished with your original documents and just want to return them to you. For the sake of a envelop and a small postage fee just send another envelop as requested.
Old Feb 7th 2019, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

Bingbing25 will become famous soon enoughBingbing25 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by spinrs2k
itll have no bearing on how quick your application is processed, they have obviously finished with your original documents and just want to return them to you. For the sake of a envelop and a small postage fee just send another envelop as requested.
Hey there, thanks for the reply. Well, I was quite curious about why people receive the 'your application is currently being prepared..' email at such different points. Some people get it right after their file is received in Sheffield, some get it much much later. I don't know if that necessarily means their application is delayed, but it generally seems so. I haven't got that email yet (although it's only been a few days since my file got there), so I was thinking perhaps the return envelope has something to do with it? But I'm probably just reading too much into it.
Old Feb 7th 2019, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

spinrs2k is an unknown quantity at this point

you are reading way to much into it, it all depends on how busy they are, how many priority applications there are etc etc. More then likely they have a bunch of admin clerks photocopying and reviews everyone's paperwork and getting it prepared in order for it to pass to a ECO for decision, so documents are usually returned pretty quickly.

I know its hard i have been through your pain and uncertainly myself recently waiting for an application but you just have to relax about it and let the process take its course.

Least you know they have received your documents and you application is on its way..
Old Feb 7th 2019, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spinrs2k
you are reading way to much into it, it all depends on how busy they are, how many priority applications there are etc etc. More then likely they have a bunch of admin clerks photocopying and reviews everyone's paperwork and getting it prepared in order for it to pass to a ECO for decision, so documents are usually returned pretty quickly.

I know its hard i have been through your pain and uncertainly myself recently waiting for an application but you just have to relax about it and let the process take its course.

Least you know they have received your documents and you application is on its way..
Thanks for that. Yes, the waiting is quite unbearable but hopefully it'll be over soon!