Wikiposts

Eligibility for British Passport.

Old Jan 27th 2015, 6:02 am
Just Joined

BigD13550 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Eligibility for British Passport.

I was born in Bulawayo in Southern Rhodesia. My parents were born there in 1926 and 1929. My paternal grandfather was born there in 1898. My maternal grandfather was born in Manchester UK in 1900. Am I eligable for a British passport. BigD13550
Old Jan 27th 2015, 7:39 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Eligibility for British Passport.

Originally Posted by BigD13550
I was born in Bulawayo in Southern Rhodesia. My parents were born there in 1926 and 1929. My paternal grandfather was born there in 1898. My maternal grandfather was born in Manchester UK in 1900. Am I eligable for a British passport. BigD13550
I should think it unlikely. What year were you born? Which passport(s) do you hold now?

With a Zimbabwean passport and a British-born grandparent you should be eligible for an ancestry visa. If you are willing to work and support yourself for five years in the UK then this would lead to settlement and then you can naturalise as a British citizen.
Old Jan 27th 2015, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

BigD13550 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Eligibility for British Passport.

Thanks for the feedback. I was born in 1950. I used to have a Rhodesian passport but it has expired and the won't renew as I live in South Africa. I did hold a Britsh passport for three week in 1973 for travel on compassionate grounds.
My paternal Grandfather was born in RSA and not in Rhosesia as I said and so have a South African passport. I also have a valid 10. Year visa for the UK. I am almost 65 and want to travel when I retire in May. It is such a mission getting a schengen visa and won't give a ten year at any price So I would rather have a passport that allows me to travel.
I have traced my paternal line to Thomas Thwaits of Surrey who emigrated to South Africa in 1795.
I have wish to live anywhere else just travel. I am a Chartered Accountant and financially independent. So am not looking for and financial benefit.
Hope that clarifies the situation. Cheers BigD
Old Jan 28th 2015, 5:06 am
Forum Regular

cityboys1911 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Eligibility for British Passport.

I have just done the online application to renew our UK passports I didn't know it was so easy to do I filled everything in and paid the fees and then printed the paperwork off, is it right we only have 1 form to sign and send passport photos and old passports to the passport office.we also hold US passports of which I have sent a copy of the BIO page is this all I need