Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

EEA Family Permit under Zambrano outside UK (please help)

EEA Family Permit under Zambrano outside UK (please help)

Old Jun 26th 2016, 7:21 pm
Just Joined

frances18 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EEA Family Permit under Zambrano outside UK (please help)

Hello! Can anyone help me please. I desperately need help. I did a voluntary exit last Feb 22, 2016 so I'm ban for a year. I brought my British Child who holds a British Passport with me. I thought our lives will be okay here in the Philippines but I was wrong. We are having difficulties financially and emotionally. My husband who is a British citizen is in London studying full time and works only a few hours in a week or sometimes none. I want us to go back to UK because I am worried and afraid for my child's well being. I am his primary carer that's why he is here with me. I was wondering if I can apply for EEA family Permit on the basis of Zambrano? Will this apply to me? My husband and i could not meet the income requirement for spouse visa. I cant apply for visit visa due to my overstaying history. Please help anyone.

I thought I'm eligible for EEA Family Permit under Zambrano because I met the conditions provided in Regulation 15A(4A) and also under Regulation 12(1A). I am the primary carer of my son. Am I right or wrong in assuming this?
Old Jun 26th 2016, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EEA Family Permit under Zambrano outside UK (please help)

Originally Posted by frances18
Hello! Can anyone help me please. I desperately need help. I did a voluntary exit last Feb 22, 2016 so I'm ban for a year. I brought my British Child who holds a British Passport with me. I thought our lives will be okay here in the Philippines but I was wrong. We are having difficulties financially and emotionally. My husband who is a British citizen is in London studying full time and works only a few hours in a week or sometimes none. I want us to go back to UK because I am worried and afraid for my child's well being. I am his primary carer that's why he is here with me. I was wondering if I can apply for EEA family Permit on the basis of Zambrano? Will this apply to me? My husband and i could not meet the income requirement for spouse visa. I cant apply for visit visa due to my overstaying history. Please help anyone.

I thought I'm eligible for EEA Family Permit under Zambrano because I met the conditions provided in Regulation 15A(4A) and also under Regulation 12(1A). I am the primary carer of my son. Am I right or wrong in assuming this?
My limited understanding is that since your child is a British Citizen, you cannot exercise EEA family permit in the UK.

You may need to go to another EEA country - how about Ireland or Spain?

Since the dad is a student, can he also look after the child?