Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

EEA Family Permit questions: Moving to London with Job Offer

EEA Family Permit questions: Moving to London with Job Offer

Old Nov 24th 2015, 8:30 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EEA Family Permit questions: Moving to London with Job Offer

Originally Posted by Adi008
@Britinparis As i did some research yesterday about this it looks like i need schengen transit visa but again for me to get this is impossible because Germany embassy in Poland is not issuing this type of visa for some reason. If i'll be travelling through bus i'll pass through Germany, France probably through Belgium also, I dont want to be stuck any of these contries border as there refugee crisis going on.
Does my passport and eea family permit will be enough(sorry for asking same question again)? Marrying to a Pole gives me freedom to pass by other schengen country borders without any trouble and legally?
Thank you for reading
You don't need a transit visa if you're already residing legally in Poland.

The Schengen Agreement is still in force despite recent events. The border checks may ask for your paperwork but as you're the spouse of an EEA citizen you can travel freely throughout the Schengen Area.

If you're that worried then you can always wait until your Polish residence card is issued.
Old Nov 24th 2015, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

Adi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond repute

So if i'll show the marriage certificate at border to prove im the spouse of a Pole it'll be enough, and does this come under schengen agreement that spouse of EEA citizen can travel throughout schengen freely(sorry again for asking more questions).

We need to get to UK very soon as my wife's job offer is for limited time, so i think we'll decide to go to UK with taking the risk since its legal for me to travel. I'll have to wait another 2 months probably to recieve my residence card so it's better for us to go now.
Thanks again britinparis
Old Nov 25th 2015, 5:23 am
dzk
Just Joined

dzk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I got my FP And it just took 4 days😀. Thanks to everyone who helped
Old Nov 25th 2015, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

Adi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond repute

That was very quick, good luck.