EEA Family Permit from Paris

Old Dec 25th 2014, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

vero75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EEA Family Permit from Paris

Hello all,

First of all, thanks to everyone that contributes to this forum! I've been reading through all the threads and they're super useful!

I'm wondering if there are others that have applied for the EEA Family Permit from the Paris office? I submitted my application last week, and have my appointment on Monday, and am just wondering what I can expect. I also have all of my supporting documents which are in French, and the translator probably won't be able to get everything to me by Monday. I'm wondering if just the marriage certificate will be sufficient.

For background: I am American and my husband is French, and I applied for the EEA Family Permit on December 22nd, with the appointment at the Teleperformance Paris office on Monday December 29th. We have only been married 4 months, but have been together for 2 years, and in a civil union (the "PACS") in France for over a year before getting married. My job is transferring me to London from Paris, and my husband will therefore be a job-seeker when we get to London. My work wants me to start my new UK contract on February 2nd 2015, so hopefully this permit works out...!!

Thanks in advance for advice from anyone else having gone through the Paris office for this!
Old Dec 25th 2014, 5:24 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EEA Family Permit from Paris

You'll only really need your marriage certificate. If you married in France then you can get a multilingual version for free ("Formule B") from your local mairie.
Old Dec 25th 2014, 5:28 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
You'll only really need your marriage certificate. If you married in France then you can get a multilingual version for free ("Formule B") from your local mairie.
Wow, really!? I'll go first thing tomorrow, then - thanks so much for that info! I thought I could only get copies from the Mairie that we actually got married in...
Old Dec 25th 2014, 5:44 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vero75
Wow, really!? I'll go first thing tomorrow, then - thanks so much for that info! I thought I could only get copies from the Mairie that we actually got married in...
Order online.

https://mdel.mon.service-public.fr/acte-etat-civil.html
Old Dec 25th 2014, 5:48 pm
Just Joined

Thanks, but already checked that as soon as I saw your message lol. The Mairie we were married in doesn't offer this service, unfortunately..
Old Dec 26th 2014, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by vero75
Thanks, but already checked that as soon as I saw your message lol. The Mairie we were married in doesn't offer this service, unfortunately..
It doesn't offer an on-line service or doesn't offer multilingual certificates? The former may be true but they're obliged to supply you with the latter.
Old Dec 26th 2014, 5:38 pm
Just Joined

It doesn't offer an on-line service or doesn't offer multilingual certificates? The former may be true but they're obliged to supply you with the latter.
No sorry, meant they don't have an online service. I called them this morning and they were able to send me the multi-language marriage certificate via email! Thanks very much for this tip -- super useful!